The ideal candidate shall:
- Support human subjects research data analyses by creating/programming applications using .NET, Python, SAS, and/or MATLAB.
- Responsible for writing and maintaining source code, creating and maintaining software applications and applying frameworks involved in a software release.
- Duties include computer programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks involved in a software release life-cycle and resulting in a software product.
- Development and implementation of applications for data retrieval and entry.
- Perform database administration tasks including installation, configuration, monitoring, maintenance, tuning, and backup/recovery using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Perform database maintenance tasks such as dumps/uploads and upgrades.
- Maintain compliance with applicable security protocols.
- Manage database logins/permissions and oversee database access.
- Ensure database and website availability.
- Consistently meet task deadlines while maintaining high quality of deliverables.
- Promote adherence to database policies within the program.
- Perform troubleshooting investigations of databases and coordinate resolution of problems.
- Interact and effectively communicate both written and orally with a wide variety of people.
- Adhere to security procedures to protect the database from accidental or intentional damage or loss. Perform backup of databases, as needed.
- Document database design and development.
- Design and distribute free standing as well as ad hoc reports.
- Provide command support duties as directed.
- Candidates must be minimum of High School Graduate with 6+ years of experience and have completed CompTIA Certification
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
- Due to Federal contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Candidates must demonstrate expert working knowledge in Microsoft Office applications.
- Relevant experience in human/animal subject research within a Military setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Demonstrated ability to speak well and concisely and confer with professional colleagues on a peer basis.
Naval Health East - NHE
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.