The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation has a need for a Cyber Security Manager to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
This role will provide leadership, technical direction and guidance to a cybersecurity engineering team to develop, implement, maintain, and update the cybersecurity control baseline for enterprise IT systems and applications in accordance with NIST, CNSSI, and CMS instructions and guidelines. In addition will be supporting the program security architects in the development of security controls, mentoring others in technical security concepts and ensuring secure cloud practices are followed. Position will play a meaningful role in maintaining the controls that enable the customer organization to operate expertly, cost effectively, and within compliance standards. Will also assist others in interpreting, understanding, and applying information security policies and standards to mitigate information security risks. Develop positive partnerships and work closely with other members of the customer and Leidos Information Security and Legal Compliance organizations in a coordinated and focused manner. The Cyber Security Manager will be part of a fast-paced, high-functioning team performing critical work for an important customer organization.
The candidate is responsible for managing a team providing cyber & security operations to CMS. Shall serve as the main point of contact (POC) to receive and collaborate on all work requests dealing with security matters, and will manage subcontractors as needed. Additionally, will provide support to government CISO and other government leadership at operational level. will lead the transformation effort’s to provide a more mature and integrated framework to Incident response, triaging incidents, security monitoring and supporting security engineering projects. This includes zero trust initiatives.
Candidate must have demonstrated capabilities to analyze highly complex cyber security and network issues, recommended plans of action for SOC staff (including both contractor and government personnel), and manage teams supporting resolution of these issues.
Assigned duties include but are not limited to:
• Serve as the overall Point of Contact and final escalation point for the SOC. Frequent direct interface with federal staff counterpart and Cybersecurity Program Manager to advise and coordinate operational activities to include notable threats, active incidents, and situation awareness.
• Act as incident commander during high severity incidents, if necessary.
• Operate autonomously to further investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs. Uphold and enforce established processes.
• Advise CMS Security leads on cybersecurity tool selection to satisfy SOC functions and to address Network security gaps.
- Participate with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs;
- Support the Vulnerability and Threat Management (VTM) continuous monitoring strategy, tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), and processes for continuous monitoring and management of known and emerging vulnerabilities and threats;
- Support cloud certification activities, system hardening, vulnerability testing, and scanning.
- Craft IT security architectural artifacts, provide architectural analysis of the security features and relate the existing system to future customer requirements.
- Continuously evaluate the organization's existing application security practices, help to define, standardize, and measure security-related activities, and demonstrate concrete improvements to the application assurance program within the customer organization.
- Identify capability enhancement ideas for continuous improvement. Prioritize and assign resources to support enhancement projects and special requests.
- Report related metrics as defined and required within contract
- Work with subject matter experts across the program to transform the maturity of the cyber security effort to an industry-leading organization.
- Responsible for leading and responding to all CMS audit requirements.
- Spearhead coordination/communication initiatives to address continuous process improvement and Table Top exercises.
- Responsible for managerial responsibilities such as staffing, performance assessment, and career path planning, training, and coaching/mentoring for all SOC team members.
- Create and manage shift schedules.
• Prior cyber security management or supervisory experience in a 24x7 environment to manage personnel effectively
- Must have a bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security, Intelligence Analysis or related field, or equivalent experience and a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant and progressively responsible experience leading teams
- Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types (e.g., SIEM, SOAR, IDS/IPS)
- Must be US Citizen. Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- familiarity with industry standards, guidelines, and regulatory compliance requirements related to information security and cloud computing such as NIST SP 800-53, and FedRamp
- Four (4) years of experience with network security
- Two (2) years of AWS experience
- Possesses an active CISSP (ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
- Cloud computing experience (AWS and/or Azure)
- Experience in patch management and vulnerability scanning in AWS
- Identify process improvement and technology opportunities for increased innovation, cost savings, and customer satisfaction.
- Prior experience as a change agent to implement cultural and operational changes
- CISSP or equivalent cybersecurity certification(s).
• Prior experience managing cyber security efforts within the CMS infrastructure.
- Experience aligning MITRE ATT&CK framework and Cybersecurity Kill Chain process to SOC Analyst and Incident Response workflows.
• Prior working experience to secure ICS/SCADA architecture and Operational Technology networks.
• Provide oversight to develop and update SOC SOPs, Incident Response playbooks, and white papers.
- Experience managing or having operational responsibility for a FISMA high system
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.