Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defense, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Specific Job Description:
The ASM is primarily responsible for providing technical support services as part of the Application Management Support (AMS) team. The ASM should be a first point of escalation for the customer and will also assume line management duties for a number of direct reports within the AMS team. This role requires both technical and managerial competencies and the ASM will be actively involved in the investigation, resolution and planning of technical requirements.
- Support the Senior Engineering Manager in implementing company strategy throughout the AMS team;
- Support development of Application Management solution offerings;
- Communicate capability offerings to the Senior Engineering Manager;
- Support and maintain customer relationships and act as POC for the AMS team;
- Ensure that AMS skills are kept relevant to changing technologies of which customers take advantage throughout their service term.
- Take technical ownership including the tools used to provide the service, strategy for application development/improvement and identification of potential issues to ensure the efficient and effective provision of the support service;
- Ensure AMS team related SLA’s and customer promises are exceeded;
- Respond to requests for assistance from L1, 2 & 3 Service Desk Analysts to ensure resolution of issues within service levels;
- Take Ownership of complex Incidents and Service Requests to ensure that customers can use the business applications with the appropriate access and information required;
- Take ownership of problem records to identify root causes, workarounds and solutions;
- Implement minor software modifications and minor/major projects following quality documented processes to resolve underlying issues and provide improvements;
- Proactively manage applications in order to ensure the on-going availability of the applications and identify improvements;
- Design and provide quotations to facilitate changes and improvements to the application;
- Possess expert knowledge of specific applications and provide training for other members of the AMS team in these applications to facilitate knowledge sharing and to be confident when dealing with the customer and other 3rd parties;
- Contribute to quotes and bids with customer knowledge where applicable, ensuring risks are acknowledged and mitigated wherever possible.
- Promote the company and team values then support the team putting them into action;
- Represent the team by ensuring their feedback, views and interests are filtered to the right forums;
- Identify and present initiatives to improve employee engagement, productivity, costs and /or work practices to the Senior Engineering Manager.
Recruitment and Selection
- Work with the Senior Engineering Manager to define staffing requirements and position descriptions;
- Work with the Senior Engineering Manager to ensure the selection criteria is clearly understood and appropriate assessments are in place;
- Provide meaningful feedback on all candidates shortlisted and not shortlisted;
- Conduct interviews;
- Encourage internal staff to apply for open positions aligned to their strengths and /or career aspirations;
- Provide feedback on how to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain a high performing team to meet the sector and program objectives;
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity amongst the team;
- Keep staff informed of company, department, sector and team activities;
- Empower staff to take responsibility for their jobs and commitments;
- Develop Career development plans for all staff;
- Coach, mentor and / or performance manage as and when required;
- Encourage open and honest communication;
- Manage compliance to processes and other corporate obligations e.g. Timesheets, training;
- Hold staff accountable for their performance and their contribution to making Leidos a great place to work;
- Maintain a training plan for staff;
- Support new staff to get up to speed and integrate to the team;
- Energise the team an maintain high morale in a high change, fast paced environment;
- Maintain succession plans for all key roles;
- Create an innovative culture that thrives on problem solving;
- Provide regular meaningful positive and constructive feedback to staff.
Required Skills and Fit:
- Quick learner;
- Previous staff management skills;
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation), including the ability to listen effectively;
- Strong self-awareness , and a capacity to reflect on own practice and to learn from mistakes;
- Previous management experience an advantage;
- Proven organizational and planning skills;
- Experience of any support or development activities in a SaaS environment would be beneficial.
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.