Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Environmental Science
- Nuclear Security
- Engineering Services
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) analyst position supporting the Leidos federal environmental analysis business. Leidos provides our customers with environmental analysis support covering a range of subject areas, including land use planning; water, biological, and cultural resources; air quality; nuclear and radiation safety; and socioeconomic and environmental justice impacts.
The primary focus of this position is to perform environmental studies and evaluations of Federal, state, and local initiatives and programs. These studies are for defense facilities, national laboratories, and radioactive waste disposal sites, as well as commercial reactor sites, and military installations. Our work includes environmental impact statements, environmental assessments, and related analyses to meet the requirements of NEPA and support the missions of our customers’ environmental and related programs.
- Provide technical expertise on radiological impacts of nuclear facilities.
- Prepare sections of government environmental studies and reports that address the radiological impacts from nuclear facility normal operations, accidents, and transportation of materials.
- Run and interpret models that predict radiological impacts such as MACCS2, GENII, CAP88, and RADTRAN.
- Work in a team environment that includes Leidos experts and other contributors to the environmental assessments. This includes working with project/task order managers; technical staff inside and outside the immediate organization; Leidos project control, contracts, and subcontracts staff; and our team’s subcontractors, as well as serving as a technical contributor to NEPA efforts.
- Interface with our customers and contributors with clear communication, straightforward evaluation, and honest observations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, such as engineering, chemistry, physics, or environmental management.
- Experience with and understanding of the NEPA process.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience including experience supporting federal environmental programs with at least 2 years of experience running modeling impact and risk of radiological effects.
- Expertise in the fields of nuclear energy and radiological sciences.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental aspects of nuclear and radiological facilities.
- Demonstrably excellent writer and communicator.
- Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration NEPA experience
- DOE Q clearance
- Expertise with MACCS2, GENII, CAP88, or RADTRAN.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.