Leidos Civil Group has an immediate opening for an Enterprise Cloud Solutions Architect to join our IT Modernization team in support of our federal civil customers.
In this role, you will help our customers solve their most demanding challenges by adopting and exploiting current and emerging cloud technologies by delivering their mission in a more cost effective, resilient, secure, compliant and adaptive manner. In this role, the candidate provides leadership in building a portfolio of offerings and capabilities that encapsulates Leidos’ and partner intellectual property to address current and emerging demand signals in the federal civilian IT market for cloud adoption. The candidate will ensure Leidos differentiation of scale, security and speed feature prominently in positioning of our major capabilities. The candidate provides leadership across the lifecycle of cloud adoption and cloud operations, with a specific focus on balancing as common a user experience as possible for customers while allowing customers to exploit unique and differentiated capabilities resident in each cloud provider such as serverless, AI and autonomic operations.
The successful candidate will work hand-in-hand with business development, capture management, line management, research and development, and other subject matter experts to develop optimal and differentiated Leidos solutions to be delivered in proposals, on programs, or on research and development projects. In addition to developing solutions, you will help prospective customers and partners understand the value and benefits of the Leidos solution, explain technical features and transformation strategies, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshoot potential problems.
• Builds and curates a comprehensive portfolio of cloud adoption capabilities and offerings relevant to the Federal Civil marketplace, including capabilities multi-cloud adoption, cloud adoption, cloud operations, cloud security, cloud financial optimization
• Establishes and maintains relationships with Leidos accelerators, Technical Core Competencies and key alliance partners to seek, qualify and leverage the best ideas, solutions and models across the company and throughout our community of trusted partners
• Curates proof points and past performance qualifications for Leidos success stories for digitally transforming the mission of government leveraging cloud technologies
• Identifies market trends in technology, methodologies and organizational designs for cloud adoption
• Engages with program teams to incubate, build out and sustain cloud adoption capabilities, offerings and solutions
• Provides senior technical leadership for major or strategic Leidos cloud oriented captures, establishing the main solution concepts, identifying key elements of solution and approach differentiation
• Shape procurement by presentations to clients and through speaking engagements
• Determines which alliances to pursue and events for Leidos to participate
• Actively works with partners to shape procurements and future technologies
• Identifies offerings to place on GWACs
• Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert for end-to-end cloud architecture design, including AWS/Azure networking, provisioning, and management
• Provide support and technical governance, expertise related to cloud architectures, security, deployment, and operations
• Orchestrate and automate cloud-based platforms for program and capture initiatives
• Bachelor's degree and 12 -15 years of experience (or equivalent) in Information Systems, Information Security, IT, EE, Network Engineering, Computer Science with 20+ years of prior relevant experience
• Significant experience (5+ years) designing, building and curating cloud management capabilities and offerings for the Federal Systems Integration market
• Has a successful track record in providing technical leadership in federal new business pursuits, with over $100M in TCV wins in the previous 5 years
• In-depth understanding of application, cloud, middleware, data management, cyber, enterprise IT, data center optimization and SDN concepts; experience leading the design and integration of enterprise-level technical solutions.
• Experience in capturing technical requirements and defining technical solutions in the form of conceptual, logical, and physical designs, including the ability to articulate those concepts verbally, graphically and in writing.
• Ability to synthesize solution design information, architectural principles, available technologies, third-party products, and industry standards to formulate a system architecture that meets client requirements and can be delivered within the desired timeframe.
• Experience developing cost models, technical delivery plans, technical solutions and basis of estimates (BOEs), including BOM development. Also develop concept of operations and discuss these models in Agile, federal SDLC or ITIL based terms.
• Experience in building out fixed unit rate cards for managed service offerings regarding cloud migration or operating cloud environments.
• Experience identifying potential design, performance, security, and support problems, including ability to identify technical risks/challenges and develop relevant mitigation strategies.
• Extensive knowledge of the broad spectrum of technology areas, including technology trends, forthcoming industry standards, new products, and the latest solution development techniques; ability to leverage this knowledge to formulate technical solution strategy.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Active PMI PMP certification
• Experience with Service Desk support and operations
• ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
• AWS or Azure SA certifications
• Experience winning GSA FEDSIM captures
• Strong technical acumen and experience leading the development of complex solutions for migrations of portfolios of applications to cloud platforms, including portfolio assessments, establishment of treatment pathways (retire, replace, rehost, refactor), portfolio program management of migrating/refactoring/rehosting applications and dependencies, verification and validation and deployment .
• Strong understanding of the use of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, ‘Everything-as-code’ approaches, DevOps processes and tools, virtual machines, containers, container orchestrators (Docker Data Center, kubernetes, Open Shift, Cloud Foundry), ‘cloud native’ application design patterns, use of AWS, Azure, Salesforce or ServiceNow services in rapidly building applications, understanding of ensuring security for cloud applications
• Familiarity with serverless application design patterns
• Understanding of the appropriate process alignment patterns between agile development processes and ‘DevOps’ infused ITIL processes
• Experience in building Managed Cloud Application Migration Services, with service descriptions, SLAs, labor estimates and tool estimates
• Experience in planning and executing cloud application migrations for federal customers
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.