Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Licensed Psychologist. To support FE Warren Youth Center.
Be a part of the force of counseling excellence that makes a meaningful difference for our Service Members and their families!
Leidos is partnering with the Department of Defense’s (DoD’s) Military and Family Life Counseling Program to provide individual and highly confidential counseling services and support to military service members and their families across the country and around the world. In support of this important mission, Leidos is hiring licensed professionals to provide:
Non-medical counseling services that develop service member’s well-being and mission-readiness.Transformative support for the complex and unique matters of military family life such as hazard duty, life on base, life overseas and being away from home on deployment.
Have You Heard About Non-Medical Counseling for the Military?
Non-medical counseling is preventive in nature and addresses things such as living conditions, life skills, relationships at home and at work, stress management, adjustment issues, marital problems, parenting, fear, grief and loss.
These counseling opportunities are provided for individuals, families, couples and groups. MFLC counselors may be based out of an installation’s Family Center, a National Guard and Reserve Joint Force HQ or other facilities. They also have opportunities to proactively outreach to service members and their families through walk-around counseling.
A recent RAND study on U.S. Military Non-Medical Counseling Programs found that over 90 percent of military participants reported positive experiences with services provided through the MFLC Program, and expressed favorable perceptions of professionalism, thought that their counselor listened to them and spent enough time with them, and agreed that their counselor provided the services they needed to address their problem.
- Recommending appropriate referrals and handoffs to military and community resources according to the needs of military service members and their families.
- Develops and/or uses approved training and education programs and materials.
- Communicates information regarding trends and issues at assigned installation to supervisors.
- Participates in regular in-service training, quality improvement committees, or other contract activities as assigned.
- Opportunity to participate in surge and on demand events at the military installations.
- Provide a full scope of Child and Youth Behavioral Health (CYB) services to children dependents of military service members and their families at DoDEA schools and community schools, military installations throughout the U.S. and at select installations in Europe and Asia
- Provide services include non-medical counseling, training, and health and wellness presentations Provide consultation with parents, personnel at child daycare centers and schools
- Provide consultations with parent and personnel at child daycare centers and schools
- Provide consultation to the installation command staff regarding behavioral issues affecting children and youth
- Child Youth BehavorialCYB MFLCs serving in schools for an average of nine-month assignments (based on local school calendars)
- CYB counselors may also be assigned to youth programs, summer camps, and on-demand assignments
- A Master’s degree in the Behavioral Health Professions (MS/MSW/MA)
- Licensure to practice at the independent practice level (LCSW, MFT, LPCC, Psychologist) in the state of Wyoming.
- 5 years or more of post licensure clinical experience
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be able to obtain NACI/CNACI clearance
While helping America's finest and their families, MFLC counselors also benefit from:
- IPad provided for easy digital reporting, with no PII or PHI
- No insurance to file
- No progress notes
- No treatment plans
- No office to maintain
- Free work related professional development courses
- Reimbursement for job related license renewal fees
- Flexible 40-hour work weeks
- Paid federal holidays
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:ADP1 / IT2
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Certified Career Counselors
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.