Leidos is seeking an experienced self-motivated individual for the position of Capture Operations and Excellence Manager (CO&E). This position supports the Competitive Intelligence / Position to Win organization within Capture Operations and Excellence overseeing leadership development programs and competitive intelligence initiatives and analysis. Specifically this role is responsible developing detailed analyses of customer and competitors, facilitating black hats, overseeing the day-to-day activities of the CO&E leadership development programs and its participants, the facilitation of the CO&E Intern Program, and providing data analysis and reporting on performance.
- Establish partnerships throughout the broader BD&S Organization and be an advocate for CO&E leadership development programs assisting with the selection of participants and identification and assignment of rotations
- Act as team lead and mentor for CO&E leadership development participants and interns
- Leads others and directs all phases of assigned projects
- Develop a timeline for the intern program to ensure talented candidate pool. Work with leaders to define intern assignments and ensure meaningful work assignments
- Competitive intelligence research on identified competitors as well as market research
- Analyzing government buying trends and budgets
- Developing detailed analyses of customer buying patterns and budgets, and work with fellow CI analysts to identify likely competitor solutions to RFP requirements, to include price and non-price approaches.
- Present and defend their concise analysis and recommendations to capture team members and senior leadership.
- Developing competitor landscape analysis and competitor deep dive research and analysis.
- Lead Black Hat Reviews and support all necessary Capture Team gate reviews with management.
- Experience with Federal customers and competitors
- Defense industry knowledge / expertise
- Competitive intelligence and market research experience
- Experience analyzing government buying trends and budgets
- Understanding of the New Business Capture process
- Understanding of the U.S. Federal government acquisition process and contract types
- Cost modeling experience and understanding of financial strategies
- Strong professional, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to explore and solve problems, and be willing to work constructively across teams
- Ability to work independently to accomplish established goals
- Ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to produce a large volume of high-quality material with attention to detail.
- Experience with the execution of Leadership Development Programs and/or Intern Programs
- Proficiency Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft SharePoint, and ability to learn new applications
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8+ years’ experience.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- Thorough knowledge of the Leidos Win Plan and Strategy Development process
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Marketing Research
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.