The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Senior Project Engineer to work on customer site in Tampa, FL.
The Senior Project Engineer will assist in the planning, development, coordination, and distribution of all garrison and deployable IT intelligence systems resident at US Marine Corps Forces Central Command (MARCENT) and supported subordinate units. The responsibilities span all intelligence disciplines to include, but not limited to: infrastructure, architecture and systems requirements for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) platforms, All-Source Analysis, Human Intelligence (HUMINT), Counter Intelligence (CI), Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), and Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT).
- Assists in the planning, coordination and distribution of all garrison and deployed intelligence information systems and special intelligence communications systems used for voice, video and data processing.
- Assists in the planning and coordination pertaining to the purchasing/contracting of intelligence systems, the coordination of intelligence requirements with all MARCENT staff elements, subordinate commands, and requisite commands/agencies external to MARCENT.
- Assists in the planning and coordination of all intelligence systems development, training, fielding, support, and accreditation requirements, providing continuity over the long-term upward trajectory of MARCENT intelligence capabilities.
- Provides both technical and administrative input into the intelligence requirements process.
- Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to the project team.
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- Maintains awareness of emerging technologies related to potential enhancement of MARCENT technical intelligence capabilities including coordinating and participating in technology demonstrations.
- Prepares information papers, position papers, briefings and other documentation in support of the intelligence systems inputs to the CENTCOM Strategic Planning Process.
- Represents the organization in sessions with other activities or agencies relevant to the specialized field of responsibility and is expected to present information in a persuasive manner.
- Provides inputs on requirements, based on, technical analysis of intelligence requirements and needs of the activity.
- Works independently and with considerable latitude for initiative and creativity in accomplishing assigned tasks and objectives, subject only to established policy guidance, production schedules and work priorities.
- Communicates with internal team members and customers across multiple areas.
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI
- BA/BS degree in a science, technology, or engineering field and 10 years of total experience. or Master’s degree and 8 years of experience.
- 4+ years operational intelligence experience at the Service, Component, or COCOM level
- Broad understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of network engineering, systems administration, and information security domains.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interface with military officials, managers, and subordinates
- Ability to analyze, document and present complex Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) issues to decision-makers for action.
- Ability to highlight the important decision factors while still presenting the overall pros and cons of C4ISR issues.
- Ability to present C4ISR issues in the broader context of national, theater and U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) policies, directives, orders, and operational requirements.
- PMP certification
- ITILv3 or v4 certification
- DoD 8570.01M certification at IAT Level II, such as Security+ CE
- Command and Staff College graduate, Field Grade officer
- 10+ years of relevant experience in USMC C4ISR
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.