Leidos is seeking an experienced Meeting/Conference Manager, who will be responsible for planning and organizing in-person and online meetings and workshops, as well as attendance at large events.
This position requires the ability to obtain a National Agency Clearance and Inquiries (NACI) clearance.
- Consult with Project Director to determine meeting and conference objectives and requirements.
- Send invitations to and coordinate travel arrangements for all meeting participants.
- Inspect event facilities and review contracts for venues and vendors to ensure that they conform to client requirements.
- Arrange the availability of audio-visual equipment, conference meals, temp staffing, and other event needs.
- Oversee all aspects of meeting registration: online registration, data entry, badge production, written communications, accurate registration and reconciliation reporting, and responsive communication with attendees, prior to, during, and after the meeting.
- Coordinate post-event evaluations of meeting attendees to determine how future events could be improved.
- Provide clerical and financial administration, including receiving and distributing correspondence, maintaining files, tracking invoices for payment, investigating billing issues, and managing the billing process for all venue-associated costs.
- Use time management and organization skills to contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, typically working on multiple tasks with all levels of staff.
- Keep abreast of government meeting management standards and trends.
- Associate’s degree with 6 years of experience, BA degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience, or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience in planning meetings or events for small and large audiences.
- Expertise with virtual meeting platforms (e.g., Zoom, Teams, Adobe Connect, Skype and WebEx).
- Knowledge of databases and Web-based registration systems (e.g., CVENT).
- Experience with venue/hotel evaluation and contract review.
- Experience in project management and budget-tracking.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Requires a strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently.
- Significant travel, including overnight stays required (up to 80%).
- CMP, PMP and/or CGMP certification.
- 1-3 years supervisory experience, managing on-site and virtual.
- Experience with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Federal Travel Regulation s (FTR) with respect to implementing U.S. Government-sponsored meetings.
- Involvement in managing, planning, and executing peer reviews.
- Experience implementing technical meetings in early childhood.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:0
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Conference and Event Planning
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.