Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
We are seeking a Technical Trainer to work with the best and brightest people around the country in creating innovative solutions for our customers. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
Understand the training effort by analyzing the customer's requirements and assessing the stakeholder's level of knowledge and skill in relation to FAA Real Estate Portfolio Planning. Work closely with the training development team to cover all aspects of training, meet milestones and produce deliverables as outlined by the training lead and task order manager. Develop instructor materials (course outline, background material, and training aids) and learner materials (workbooks, handouts, completion certificates, and program feedback forms) using industry best practices and customer requirements. Facilitate training logistics, including set-up of training environments, training locations (including virtual trainings), obtaining training equipment and any data required to facilitate training. Conduct instructor-led training including formal classroom courses, workshops, seminars and/or computer-based trainings, as required.
Ensure content and structure of all training documents are documented and maintained in the appropriate repository. Continuously monitor and improve the quality and efficiency of training processes and procedures by evaluating the instructor's performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement. Ensure compliance with applicable Lean Six Sigma and training's ADDIE processes and procedures. Use Knowledge Management (KM) techniques to identify core competencies to enable a culture and system for collecting and sharing knowledge. Capture lessons learned and apply them across the organization to promote best practices.
Identify knowledge-sharing barriers and recommend tactics on how to overcome them. Ensure all products and deliverables conform to the standards for FAA branding, writing, and 508 compliance.
- BS degree and 2 to 4 years of relevant experience or Masters Degree and less than 2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with developing and maintaining computer-based training (CBT).
- Experience with creating presentations and leading Webinars.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to interact positively and effectively with others including the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must be thorough and timely in completing all tasks assigned.
- Must demonstrate expertise with the following training and development software or applications; Microsoft Project, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Expertise with Articulate Storyline 360.
- Knowledge of instructional design theories and practices.
- Expertise in developing a range of instructional materials including classroom-based training, e-learning, job aids, references guides, on-the-job training, train-the-trainer course material, assessments, and evaluations.
- Demonstrated effective course development and evaluation skills..
- Basic understanding of commercial real estate practices.
- Familiarity with project portfolio management
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $75,000.00 - $101,250.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.