Leidos Government Health & Safety Solutions is seeking a Network Engineer on a large network services opportunity supporting the National Institute of Health (NIH) in the Bethesda, MD area.
- Lead a team of network engineers and maintain NIH Network Services at 99.99 percent availability
- Provide software installation, configuration, upgrade, support, maintenance, troubleshooting and life cycle management support
- Provide hardware installation, configuration, upgrade, support, maintenance, troubleshooting and life cycle management;
- Administer primary and backup instances of CIT Network Services enterprise systems that ensure high availability and disaster recovery for NIH Network services;
- Lead new service implementation and changes (e.g., ENS/FACnet/DC/Wireless, system renovations, building construction, and system consolidation);
- Providing LAN Closet Access (Network Services Operations shall support and provides access to end-user and vendor systems on premise);
- Maintaining critical operational information/documentation
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution, complex break/fix situations, including dealing with software and hardware vendor technical support as needed
- Prepare and maintain documentation for Concept of Operations, Service Level, Agreements, Continuity of Operations, Security Plans, Memorandums of Understanding, and other operational and security documentation.
- Provide 24x7x365 support to restore service within established SLAs for service interruptions or other critical problems
- Coordination of security maintenance activities with key stakeholders
- Directing resources to implement efficient and effective Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions
- Developing, maintaining, and adhering to network standards and processes that include but are not limited to Security standards, configuration standards, hardware and software standards, and standard operating procedures for established network tasks
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge in the field of network services;
- Practical application of current/emergent technologies, agile IT, ITIL and continuous improvement practices and techniques applied in large government enterprise network services and customer-centric environments;
- In-depth knowledge of, experience with, and expertise supporting the technical tools and configurations such as CISCO network products, Palo Alto, VMWare, F5 Big IP, Red Hat,Splunk etc.
- Experience with network, security, infrastructure architecture activities and tasks on a large government IT Infrastructure project with 24x7 mission support requirements; Network Design and Development; Data Center Services; Site to Site / Remote Access Virtual Private Network (VPN) Services; Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) Services; Network Backbone Services; Internet Service Provider (ISP) Services; Local Area Network (LAN); Wide Area Network (WAN) Services; Voice over IP (VoIP); Wireless Networks; IP Address Management (IPAM) Services; Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Services; Cloud Network Services; Firewall; Web Filtering; Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS); Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS); Network Access Control (NAC); Domain Name Systems (DNS); Application Delivery/Load Balancing; Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate Management; Traffic/Infrastructure Monitoring; System Accreditation and Authorization
- Detailed skills and experience delivering network services, including all aspects of operations and maintenance, change management, and cybersecurity;
- In-depth knowledge and expertise applying data-driven practices and tools to deliver, manage and optimize service level and performance arrangements for customer relationship management, performance management and IT network services domains; and
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, and the demonstrated ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Current CCNA Certification
- CCIE (Routing and Switching or Data Center) certification and 5 years of equivalent Data Center operational experience OR CCNP (Routing and Switching or Data Center) certification and 10 years of equivalent Data Center operational experience
- Experience with NIH highly desired.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related discipline. This position requires a minimum of 4+ years of experience in service provider networking
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.