Leidos in Pasadena CA is looking for a Software Engineer to work with the NASA Physical Oceanography Distributed Active Archive Center (PO.DAAC) for the NASA Earthdata Harmony effort on the Amazon Web services environment. This position is part of the EISOC program for the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
The engineer hired for this position will:
- Implement and simplify access of data managed by different NASA centers
- Implement and integrate solutions for data reduction and transformation
- Implement efficient data management and access solutions to enable cloud-based data analysis
- Implement community standards to improve interoperability and knowledge sharing
- Deliver monthly progress report to the PO.DAAC System Engineer
- Meet with Staffing GS monthly to discuss progress and challenges.
Education / Work Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and a minimum of 4 years of professional experience.
This position requires a U.S. Citizen who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
The work will be performed in Pasadena CA
- Experience in programming utilizing Python
- Experience in Jupyter Notebooks and JupyterHub
- Experience in development on Linux environment
- Experience in distributed system architecture
- Experience with Agile best practices, including sprint/task planning, code review, CI/CD and associated tool stacks (GitHub/GitLab, JIRA)
- Experience with Docker container
- Experience in database (Relational and NoSQL) concepts and indexed search
- Experience in Amazon Cloud services, S3, EC2, Serverless, etc.
- Understanding and application of standard software engineering principles, especially with respect to unit and regression testing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Understanding/familiarity with the TypeScript programming language
- Experience with container orchestration with Kubernetes
- Experience in common earth science data formats NetCDF and HDF
- Familiar with NASA Earth Science data and metadata standards
- Familiar with geospatial system and Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) specifications and APIs, such as WGC, WCS, etc.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.