Leidos Government Health & Safety Solutions is seeking a Tools Team Lead on a large network services opportunity supporting the National Institute of Health (NIH) in the Bethesda, MD area.
- Lead a team of network engineers for delivery of implementation, Configuration Management, continuous diagnostics and mitigation, patch management, vulnerability management, risk management of tools and technologies use by the Network Services Program.
- Manage implementation, configuration, and updates of network monitoring tools, network device access control tools, troubleshooting technologies, bandwidth monitoring tools, Network Traffic Generator, Network Packet Capture etc…
- Inform and escalate issues to the System Owner (SO) and Service Area Managers (SAMs) regarding security risk to include high/critical vulnerabilities, risk acceptance methods (e.g., waivers, Plans of Action and Milestones [POA&Ms])
- Recommend best business practices and methodologies to maintain and/or improve security posture of the implemented tools;
- CCNP Certification and 7 years of Network Security experience
- Thorough knowledge of network tools and technology such as Science Logic One, NetLine Dancer, Graphana, PerSonar, SecureCRT, Network Traffic Generator, Network Packet Capture, Riverbed, Gigamon, xMatters, Tenable, Splunk
- Deep technical understanding of core network technologies as well as emerging capabilities
- Demonstrated experience working in large Federal agency preferably in HHS.
- Possess the knowledge of security best practices, network solutions, and methodologies for risk management
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of industry accepted standards
- Experience with various SOC automation tools such as Splunk, Archer etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related discipline and 4+ years of Network related experience
- Have one or more of the following System Administrator Certifications: RHCSA, RHCE, GCUX, LPIC-2 or 3, MCSE, VCAP and 7 years of Network Related experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.