- The Operations section Manager directs operations and integration activities at Network operations center
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations.
- Provide 24x7x365 support to restore service within established SLAs for service interruptions or other critical problems
- Respond and Resolve Incidents and Requests3 within the established NIH NS Service Level Agreement (SLA) times
- Manage routine and ad hoc change management
- Establish and maintain a single document repository
- Maintain critical operational information/documentation (e.g., update and maintain network topologies, rack elevation drawings, physical network location and access details, customer details, and network inventory details)
- Warehousing and tracking of equipment needed for network projects and operational spares
- Work cooperatively, collaboratively and transparently with all associated organizations to support Network Deployments
- Manage and set priorities for the monitoring and maintenance of network systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, wireless.
- Managing and setting priorities for the Network Management Operations team.
- Implementation and maintenance of monitoring, logging, and alerting for the network infrastructure and supporting systems using the NIH standard monitoring tools
- Review of system vulnerabilities and development and implementation of remediation plans in adherence with NIH IT Security Polices
- 3 + Experience working as a network operations manager in a large Government enterprise.
- 10+ years experience in managing network operations of similar size, scope and complexity.
- Experience in creating reports using security and network appliances with primary administration tools such as Cisco CSM, Splunk etc.
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services
- Experience with networking, server, application and development technologies
- Domain expertise with IT operations, security or compliance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science and 12 years of relevant experience
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) in Routing and Switching or Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA).
- ITIL certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.