Leidos Government Health & Safety Solutions is seeking a Security Section Manager on a large network services opportunity supporting the National Institute of Health (NIH) in the Bethesda, MD area.
The Security Section Manager position is a highly visible strategic position to ensure exceptional project management in delivery of network services to NIH. They will provide management and oversight for network systems and devices required to provide secure and always-on infrastructure services in a 24x7 environment including all aspects of operations and maintenance (O&M) and cybersecurity. Responsible for monitoring the security operations. They review and implement security policies, regulations, rules, and norms and make sure that the network infrastructure environments are secure. The person in this position will work directly with the Program manager, NIH teams and the Leidos leadership teams.
The Security Section Manager will provide overall direction of security project activities, manage and maintain contractor interface with the customer’s organization, consult with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverables, ensure conformance with project task schedules and costs and contractual obligations. The Project Manager will establish and maintain technical and financial reports to show progress of projects to management and customers, organize and assign responsibilities to subordinates, oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks, and assume the initiative and provide support to marketing personnel in identifying and acquiring potential business.
- Research the latest information technology security trends.
- Ensure monitoring of networks for security breaches and investigate violations when they occurs.
- Help to design, implement, and maintain the organization’s cyber-security plan.
- Develop and direct implementation of security standards and best practices for the organization.
- Recommend security enhancements to IT Management.
- Ensure that IT security audits are conducted on schedule
- Support other agencies as needed when conducting forensic analysis
- Keep track of different security events
- Task Network Security team to execute ongoing activities
- Actively engage other organizations within Leidos on collaboration efforts that ensure that we deliver the best product and solutions to NIH
- Oversee operational execution and financial aspects of contract deliverables, cost, and schedule to achieve all key performance indicators, service level agreements, and annual operating plan commitments
- Provide operational oversight, coaching to front line leaders, mentoring and developing of staff and succession planning for the project
- Lead staff to achieve a high degree of customer affinity and maintain the growth of a positive Leidos brand recognition within NIH
- Develop employee base to achieve high degree of employee retention and performance
- Manage organizational compliance within Leidos policies and procedures
- Through personal example, set the tone and direction for moral and ethical leadership for the NIH CIT Network Services program. Continue to build a culture grounded in the Leidos values, beliefs, and expectations and highest standards of ethical and respectful behavior. Promote improved transparency and cross-group collaboration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related discipline
- 8+ years of Network Security experience or project management experience for comparable Network and Security Services projects with performance incentives/disincentives tied to Service Level Agreements
- Have one or more of the following certifications: CISSP, CCNP, CCIE Certification
- Experience in leading teams of 5-15 people and financial responsibility exceeding $25M annually on FFP and T&M contract types
- Knowledge of network operation, applications, hardware, monitoring, and operating systems, supporting approximately 45,000 users
- Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management
- Experience with network, security, infrastructure architecture activities and tasks on a medium to large government IT Infrastructure project with 24x7 mission support requirements; Network Design and Development; Data Center Services; Site to Site / Remote Access Virtual Private Network (VPN) Services; Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) Services; Network Backbone Services; Internet Service Provider (ISP) Services; Local Area Network (LAN); Wide Area Network (WAN) Services; Voice over IP (VoIP); Wireless Networks; IP Address Management (IPAM) Services; Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Services; Cloud Network Services; Firewall; Web Filtering; Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS); Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS); Network Access Control (NAC); Domain Name Systems (DNS); Application Delivery/Load Balancing; Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate Management; Traffic/Infrastructure Monitoring; System Accreditation and Authorization
- Certified PMP (Active certification required)
- ITIL V3 Foundations certification
- Agile development methodologies
- Demonstrated current and significant relationships with NIH, HHS or comparable civil government executives and mid-level managers, particularly in IT operations, network and security services
- Good understanding of Cisco and other vendors network devices and software
- Experience with ServiceNow
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.