The Virtualization Subject Matter Expert (SME) 1 will be part of a large team that provides engineering support for all aspects of Defense Health Enterprise Application and Desktop Virtualization Support technologies in support of the Clinical Information Modernization (CIM) IPT. The work to be accomplished will be in support of all DHA and Veterans Affairs (VA) medical and administrative applications, and will include their major current Electronic Health Records (EHRs). This work includes both on-site and GovCloud (Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, milCloud2) hosting of resources.
You will be engaged in designing, implementing and managing the hosting environment using one or more of the following tools and/or technologies:
Server Virtualization with Type-1 hypervisors to include:
- VMWare ESXi
- Microsoft Hyper-V.
Storage technologies to include:
- Dell EMC Unity
- Dell EMC Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS)
Enterprise backup and restoration technologies to include:
- CommVault Simpana/Intellisnap
- NetApp SnapMirror
- NetApp OnTap Select and CloudVolumes
- Veeam Backup and Replication.
Application streaming/layering/isolation technologies to include:
- Citrix App Layering
- Microsoft App-V
- VMware AppVolumes
- VMWare ThinApp.
Application presentation technologies to include:
- Citrix Virtual Apps (previously XenApp)
- Desktop Virtualization technologies to include:
- VMWare View/Horizon
- Citrix Provisioning Server
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (formerly XenApp and XenDesktop)
- Amazon Workspaces
User Persona Management technologies to include:
- Citrix Workspace Environment Manager (WEM)
- Liquidware ProfileUnity
- Ivanti AppSense
- TLS encryption and Independent Computing Architecture (ICA) technologies to include:
- Citrix NetScaler
Cloud computing technologies to include:
- Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) MilCloud 2.0
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) GovCloud
- Microsoft Azure GovCloud
McAfee Host Based Security System (HBSS) Monitoring, logging and event management tools such as
- VMware vRealize Operations Manager (vROPS)
- Citrix Director
Automating the server virtualization environment as it relates to VMware vRealize Automation (vRA) and VMware Connector for AWS/Azure and utilizing both on-premise and cloud computing instantiations from a single application for multi-cloud management. Virtual container technologies including:
- Kubernetes or other open source container management platforms
- Redhat OpenShift
- VMware PKS
- NetApp Kubernetes Service
1. Bachelor's Degree plus 4 yrs (or 8 without Bachelor's Degree) of hands-on experience with virtualization projects supporting Military Health Systems, Service Medical components, DoD and Federal government.
2. Recognized expert who has demonstrated industry and/or public service (e.g., federal, state, or local) leadership in virtualization technologies including COTS products available from Microsoft, Citrix, and VMware.
3. Technical Training in Citrix, AWS, Azure, VMWare and Microsoft virtualization products.
4. Three (3) of the following five (5) areas:
- Systems Requirements
- Operational Requirements
- Data Analysis
- Test & Evaluation
- Training Experience
5. Must possess, or be able to obtain within 60 days of hire, one of the following certifications to comply with DoD 8570.01-M for Level 2 Information Assurance Technical:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security
- Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP)
- GIAC® Security Essentials (GSEC)
- EC-Council’s Certified Network Defender (CND)
Certified in any of the virtualization products including but not limited to:
- Citrix Certified Associate (CCA)
- Citrix Certified Enterprise Administrator (CCEA)
- Citrix Certified Integration Architect (CCIA)
- Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer (CCEE)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator
- AWS Cloud Practitioner
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.