The Corporate Information Security-Risk Management Cybersecurity Governance Group at Leidos has an opening for a Cybersecurity Policy and Governance Analyst. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting Leidos Corporate Information Security Cyber Governance team in maintaining company-wide cybersecurity measures to protect Leidos information systems, networks and data globally. This an ideal opportunity for candidates who are seeking to establish a career in cybersecurity governance and policy. The incumbent will work with the guidance of senior cybersecurity subject matter experts on the team and will support the team in monitoring, reporting, and preventing data loss and service interruptions by exploring new technologies and discover innovative ideas to protect Leidos’ network.
• Provide technical writing support in policy creation, conduct periodic reviews, create awareness of policies, and standard operating procedures
• Implement policies, processes, procedures, automation, and controls to consistently deliver high-quality results
• Drive continuous improvement efforts focused on enhancing governance processes and controls
• Review cybersecurity reports and analyze data to identify potential risks to the network
• Ability to support other departments cybersecurity needs and requirements
• Ability to support cybersecurity incidents and respond to troubleshooting tickets as needed
• Research and recommend changes to enhance Leidos cybersecurity programs
• Perform other cybersecurity related projects as assigned or required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Information Assurance, Information System, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
• Prior internship or part-time experience in cybersecurity or governance field preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of industry authoritative sources such as: NIST, PCI, SOC2, ISO, ITIL, DCMA, FedRAMP and CMMC standards
• Understanding of governance and security frameworks
• Knowledge in the following operating systems: Macs, Linux, and Windows desktop and servers
• Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively on cross-technology teams
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Highly self-motivated and professional with keen attention to detail
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security
Pay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $65,000.00 - $87,750.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.