The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Engineer to work on customer site in Manama, Bahrain.
The Network Engineer will support 5th Marine Expeditionary Brigade (5th MEB) providing a local IT Subject Matter Expert (SME) to represent and sustain organizational readiness in the TS/SCI environment.
The Network Engineer will work on complex problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation of various factors. The Network Engineer performs recurring services to meet the individual requirements of USMC C4ISR systems at garrison and deployed locations worldwide throughout the US Central Command AOR and provides technical and mentor support for identified USMC C4ISR systems.
- Works with team to provide communication to internal and client project members. Provide guidance to team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Provides SMEs onsite with specialized knowledge of the operation, technical processes, and maintenance requirements of systems, networks, and advanced operational techniques so the equipment user can most effectively exploit the capabilities of their USMC C4ISR equipment.
- Provides recommendations for C4ISR architecture modifications to assist with mission requirements to support operational or training initiatives.
- Assists the unit in implementing advance technical processes and analytical techniques, assist operators with optimization of equipment and network resources, advise the equipment user on how to tailor their systems to support unique reporting and operational requirements, and assist users and maintainers in diagnosing and correcting maintenance deficiencies.
- Assists in the preparation of procedures, processes and techniques; demonstrate how advanced capabilities are achieved, instructional support to equipment users in learning new techniques, and monitor equipment user performance to ensure the activity is correctly performed.
- Supports USMC C4ISR equipment users and maintainers.
- Responsible for supporting System Network, Administration and Operational tasking including:
- Maintenance and install of routers, switches, hubs, COMSEC devices and limited cable installations
- System administration tasks such as patching and updates, backups and restorations, maintenance of Sharepoint, web, PKI, AD, email and database servers
- Administration of VOIP, SVTC and DVTS systems
- Develops broad range of communication and training materials including digital signage, intranet, and other resources.
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI
- BS and 5-10 years of total experience.
- 5+ years in controlled access network management support and demonstrated expertise with voice, video, networking, administration, SharePoint management, Microsoft OS, and VMware.
- 5+ years in network engineering or systems management support and knowledge of storage and IA compliance and ensuring high levels of availability on DoD IT infrastructures
- Requires broad understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of network engineering, systems administration, and information security domains.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interface with military officials, managers, and subordinates
- Currently possess DoD 8570.01M certification at IAT Level II, such as Security+ CE
- DoD 8570.01M certification at IAT Level III such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Specialized training, such as Storage technology, Azure or Cloud Services administration
- ITILv3 certification
- Master’s degree in technology or engineering
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5,000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.