Leidos Civil Group has an immediate opening for an Enterprise IT/Data Center Modernization Solutions Architect to join our IT Modernization team in support of our federal civil customers.
In this role, you will help our customers solve their most demanding challenges by adopting and exploiting current and emerging enterprise IT and data center modernization capabilities by delivering their mission in a more cost effective, resilient, secure, compliant and adaptive manner. In this role, the candidate provides leadership in building a portfolio of offerings and capabilities that encapsulates Leidos’ and partner intellectual property to address current and emerging demand signals in the federal civilian IT market for enterprise IT and data center optimization. The candidate will ensure Leidos differentiation of scale, security and speed feature prominently in positioning of our major capabilities. The candidate provides leadership across the spectrum of enterprise IT, including end user services, data center modernization, software defined networking. The candidate leverages modern DevOps powered IT Service Management practices to govern enterprise IT solutions.
The successful candidate will work hand-in-hand with business development, capture management, line management, research and development, and other subject matter experts to develop optimal and differentiated Leidos solutions to be delivered in proposals, on programs, or on research and development projects. In addition to developing solutions, you will help prospective customers and partners understand the value and benefits of the Leidos solution, explain technical features and transformation strategies, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshoot potential problems.
• Builds and curates a comprehensive portfolio of enterprise IT, data center modernization, software defined networking capabilities and offerings relevant to the Federal Civil marketplace, including network and defensive security operations capabilities
• Establishes and maintains relationships with Leidos accelerators, Technical Core Competencies and key alliance partners to seek, qualify and leverage the best ideas, solutions and models across the company and throughout our community of trusted partners
• Curates proof points and past performance qualifications for Leidos success stories for leveraging enterprise IT and data center optimization to deliver the mission of government
• Identifies market trends in technology, methodologies and organizational designs for enterprise IT and data center optimization
• Engages with program teams to incubate, build out and sustain enterprise IT and data center optimization capabilities, offerings and solutions
• Provides senior technical leadership for major or strategic Leidos enterprise IT and data center optimization oriented captures, establishing the main solution concepts, identifying key elements of solution and approach differentiation
• Shape procurement by presentations to clients and through speaking engagements
• Determines which alliances to pursue and events for Leidos to participate
• Actively works with partners to shape procurements and future technologies
• Identifies offerings to place on GWACs
• Educate teams on the implementation of new enterprise IT and data center optimization initiatives, providing associated training as required
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert for end-to-end enterprise IT and data center optimization
architecture design, including networking, provisioning, management and the implementation of zero trust patterns
• Provide support and technical governance, expertise related to enterprise IT and data center optimization architectures, security, deployment, and operations
• Establishes and curates Leidos software defined infrastructure solutions to support program and capture initiatives
• Bachelor's degree and 12 -15 years of experience (or equivalent) in Information Systems, Information Security, IT, EE, Network Engineering, Computer Science with 20+ years of prior relevant experience
• Significant experience (5+ years) designing, building and curating enterprise IT and data center optimization capabilities and offerings for the Federal Systems Integration market
• Has a successful track record in providing technical leadership in federal new business pursuits, with over $100M in TCV wins in the previous 5 years
• In-depth understanding of private cloud, hyperconverged infrastructure, cloud, software defined networking, end user services, cyber and data center optimization; experience leading the design and integration of enterprise-level technical solutions.
• Experience in capturing technical requirements and defining technical solutions in the form of conceptual, logical, and physical designs, including the ability to articulate those concepts verbally, graphically and in writing.
• Ability to synthesize solution design information, architectural principles, available technologies, third-party products, and industry standards to formulate a system architecture that meets client requirements and can be delivered within the desired timeframe.
• Experience developing cost models, technical delivery plans, technical solutions and basis of estimates (BOEs), including BOM development. Also develop concept of operations and discuss these models in Agile, federal SDLC or ITIL based terms.
• Experience identifying potential design, performance, security, and support problems, including ability to identify technical risks/challenges and develop relevant mitigation strategies.
• Extensive knowledge of the broad spectrum of technology areas, including technology trends, forthcoming industry standards, new products, and the latest solution development techniques; ability to leverage this knowledge to formulate technical solution strategy.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Active PMI PMP certification
• Experience with Service Desk support and operations
• Experience winning GSA FEDSIM captures
• ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
• Strong understanding of the use of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, ‘Everything-as-code’ approaches, DevOps processes and tools, virtual machines, containers, container orchestrators (Docker Data Center, kubernetes, Open Shift, Cloud Foundry), ‘cloud native’ application design patterns, use of AWS, Azure, Salesforce or ServiceNow services in rapidly building workloads, understanding of ensuring security for cloud workloads
• Experience in implementing zero trust compliant infrastructures
• Experience in leveraging AI solutions to augment human participation in incidence management/SRT workflows (AI Ops)
• Understanding of the appropriate process alignment patterns between agile development processes and ‘DevOps’ infused ITIL processes
• Experience in building enterprise IT and data center operations Managed Services, with service descriptions, SLAs, labor estimates and tool estimates
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.