Leidos, the implementer for Ameren Illinois' award-winning energy efficiency programs, seeks a Marketing Director. The Marketing Director's primary responsibility is to oversee and manage the development, coordination and implementation of all comprehensive marketing and outreach strategies for the programs. Under the leadership of the Portfolio Director and in collaboration with the program management teams, the Marketing Director will work to understand program requirements and use the information to develop integrated marketing initiatives to build brand awareness, encourage participation in the energy efficiency programs, and help to achieve energy savings goals.
In addition, this position will play a critical role in market development efforts and community engagement tactics across the Ameren Illinois service territory. This role will directly manage a talented group of marketing and outreach professionals, while also overseeing the activities of several subcontractors.
Location: Peoria, IL or Collinsville, IL
• Leads the development and execution of bold, creative and integrated marketing initiatives for the programs in order to meet performance goals in a cost-effective manner while leveraging both traditional and non-traditional strategies and tactics.
• Develops annual marketing plans with additional information on key initiatives and project timelines.
• Uses forecasting and strategic planning tools to ensure the success of Program marketing by analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
• Consistently evaluates and enhances marketing strategies, based on knowledge of established objectives, market changes, and budget constraints.
• Provides final review and quality control of all marketing collateral for consistency and accuracy.
• Provides direction on all messaging across various marketing outlets for the program and its offerings.
• Responsible for the tracking, analysis and reporting of success metrics and feedback for specific marketing initiatives.
• Coordinates and leads the planning efforts for major outreach events to ensure successful engagement with customers and program partners.
• Leads and participates in regular team and client meetings to ensure program needs are being met and marketing updates are communicated to the entire organization.
• Manages the marketing budget and tracks all associated expenses to maximize communication efforts and optimize cost effectiveness.
• Creates and tracks project timelines, action items and budgets as assigned to ensure marketing projects and tasks are completed on-time and within budget.
• Works with organizations, vendors and internal groups to develop joint promotions to maximize marketing communications reach where appropriate.
• Regularly presents detailed marketing updates to the client and other key stakeholders on the results of specific campaigns and initiatives.
• Enforces brand standards to ensure consistency of brand messaging and corporate voice.
Required Education, Skills, Qualities and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field; advanced degree preferred.
• 6+ years of work experience in marketing or related field.
• Minimum of 4 years of project management experience.
• Demonstrated capability and success in development and execution of integrated marketing strategies.
• Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong creative development skills.
• Experience with developing marketing plans and adapting strategies in order to meet organizational needs.
• Exceptional organizational, management and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively manage a diverse marketing team.
• Can-do attitude, will to succeed and desire to learn new skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail, quality and follow-through.
• Professional demeanor and dedication to delivering unparalleled customer service to the client.
• Experience with managing budgets, record-keeping and organizing data.
• College level math and English skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Strong working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Marketing Communications
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.