The Vulnerability Active Detection & Exploitation Research (VADER) group at Leidos currently has an opening for an experience penetration tester to join our internal red team.
- Must be able to handle the most dynamic and challenging scenarios encountered by the program and assist other analysts by providing direction and guidance when necessary.
- Responsible to identify and exploit security vulnerabilities in a wide array of systems in a variety of situations.
- Responsible for setting up scheduled and ad-hoc red team scenarios to highlight gaps impacting the organization’s security posture.
- Work both independently, as well as lead a team of technical testers on penetration testing and red team engagements.
- Perform in-depth analysis of red team engagements results and provide a detail report that describes findings, exploitation procedures, risks and recommendations.
- Execute penetration testing projects using the established methodology, tools and rules of engagements.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 12+ years of experience in cybersecurity. Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- 3 years minimum of work experience directly related to Red Team assessments, penetration testing (intranet, internet, web, wireless, social engineering).
- One of the following certifications: OSCP, OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, OSCE, OSEE, GXPN.
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell, Java, Perl, etc).
- Experience acting as a Subject Matter Expert or team lead providing guidance to others.
- Experience understanding of network protocols, data on the wire, and covert channels
- Experience with reviewing cyber security vulnerabilities for risk and relevance.
- Experience in planning mitigations for systems vulnerabilities.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain federal security clearance.
- Strong communication skills; able to successfully communicate with management personnel, technical personnel and third parties.
- Previous Red Team leadership and supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of testing API, AWS, Azure, and other Cloud-based environments
- Experience in the initial development of a Red Team program
- System or network administration experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Pay Range:Pay Range $110,500.00 - $170,000.00 - $229,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.