The Defense Group of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for an Information Security Analyst to support efforts for the Army Cloud Common Shared Service Provider (CCSSP) contract located in the Northern Virginia/National Capital Region. The InfoSec Security Engineer is responsible for providing technical and programmatic Information Assurance Services to customers in support of network and information security systems. The role designs, develops and implements security requirements as part of an Agile team. Assists the ISSOs with preparing documentation for RMF (Risk Management Framework). Responsible for developing test procedures and contingency plans as part of the assessment and authorization (A&A) process. Conducts/Perform complex risk and vulnerability assessments including development of risk mitigation strategies. Recommends system enhancements to improve security deficiencies. Develops, tests, and integrates/automates security tools. Assess system configurations and installs security tools, scans systems to determine compliancy and report results and evaluates products and various aspects of system administration. Conducts security program audits and develops solutions to minimize identified risks. Aids in computer incident investigations.
- Serve as the principal Security Engineer to the information system owner (Deliver Owners) and the ISSO on all matters (technical and otherwise) involving the security of the information system.
- Coordinate with the team’s Teams Tech Leads to provide technical direction and guidance to software developers and systems administrators for security related development and engineering tasks.
- Assist the ISSO in gathering, preparing, and maintaining the information systems Body of Evidence (Systems Security Plans (SSP)) and other security related documentation.
- Support Achievement of Authority to Operate (ATO) through development and execution of security policies, plans, and procedures. Initiate creation of A&A packages to support receipt of Authorizations to Operate (ATOs), collaborate with Engineers to gather required information for A&A packages, and update A&A packages as required.
- Develop and implement Continuous Monitoring processes.
- Assist project team with creating/maintaining and running automation scripts or manual steps for securely configuring systems, testing and ensuring cyber compliance of all systems..
- Propose mitigation strategies for vulnerabilities identified in the system.
- Investigate and mitigate cyber security incidents.
- Verify and maintain security and technical configurations: Interpret and propose technical solutions for security requirements/controls.
- Assess the impacts on system modifications and technological advances
- Manage and review security logs and taking required actions.
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security design.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Participate in the change management process.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cyber Security, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8 years of prior relevant experience managing NIST RMF and DoD cyber security policies in accordance with program cybersecurity assessment and authorization (A&A) implementation.
- Minimum of five years of experience (at least three year of experience in the past five years) managing a cyber-team in a DOD environment.
- Documented experience information assurance and cyber security engineering.
- Can work independently of direct supervision.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships.
- Experience with information assurance and cyber security engineering.
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and ICD 503 Security Accreditation processes.
- Have an active DoD Secret clearance.
- Must have a DoD 8570 IAT Level II (or Level III) Certification (e.g. Sec+ CE).
- Experienced with various security tools and processes such as Splunk, Tenable Security, Fortify.
- Experience with the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Experience with operation of systems to an Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure cloud environment.
- A professional background in Systems Engineering / Cloud Architecture / Software Development.
- Experience with Cloud Computing Technologies.
- Experience with Agile Software Development.
- AWS/Azure Certifications.
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Power Shell).
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.