The qualified candidate will install, configure, service, repair, and maintain Information Technology (IT) systems in both a stand-alone and client-server environment, including Microsoft (MS) server, Defense Message Systems (DMS), and other authorized IT systems as well as hardware and software for network services, storage networking devices, and servers. Integrate multiple Information Systems (IS) in a networked environment. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Evaluate and resolve customer IS problems.
- Effect required hardware upgrades and repair to maintain mission capability.
- Install and configure wireless hubs, routers, switches, and various transmission media, server hardware and software, and ensure the proper installation and configuration of workstation hardware and software for efficient operation on the network.
- Install, optimize, and troubleshoot Local Area Network (LAN) and Base Area Networks (BAN). Experience with Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and Network Address Translation (NAT).
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and 2 years of relevant experience
- Active DOD Secret clearance
Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level I
Must possess one of the following certifications:
- Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) A+
- CompTIA Network+
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.