This role requires a Scheduler/Project Manager who is interested in advancing their project and schedule management skills. As an Earned Value and Agile program with a large-scale complex Systems Integration and Development mission, we are called upon to manage a very complex MS Project Schedule with thousands of tasks. Over its long history, this program has developed competencies in scheduling that we wish to expand upon and take our own capabilities to the next level with the addition of automation, incorporation of risk management principles, and routine Schedule Risk Assessments (SRAs). The Scheduler/Project Manager will work directly with the Program’s Master Scheduler to divide the considerable workload and come up with new and innovative approaches to improving productivity and performance in our scheduling. The selected candidate will work with Agile Teams and Control Account Managers to develop detailed schedules for program activities, to collect regular status for those activities, and to create visualizations using MS Project and other tools to feed overall program status and reporting. He/she will become involved in the monthly Earned Value reporting cycle and will help the program to accelerate the capture of data so that EV data can be analyzed more frequently by program leadership. The selected candidate will work with others to identify critical paths and to make judgements about the impact of schedule dependencies across the program. It is critical for the candidate to be comfortable discussing elements of the technical work including systems engineering, software development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of large software and hardware systems. The selected candidate will be expected to be able to work with technical leads and Earned Value leads to provide advance notice of schedule concerns and identify solutions to schedule problems that are consistent with the technical activities. He/she must be able to see a schedule as a one of many views into a project rather than a thing unto itself. Candidates with solid PM experience and some MS Project Scheduling experience are encouraged to apply if they are willing to learn and take their skills to the next level and beyond.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with a Master Scheduler to manage schedules within the program environment.
- Engage with Agile Teams and Control Account Managers to create new schedules, status existing schedules, and create visualizations of schedules for customers and leaders.
- Help improve the schedule management process and develop automations and other innovations to increase the productivity of collection and reporting of Earned Value data.
- Collect and input monthly status for a wide array of sub-schedules which are part of the integrated master schedule (IMS).
- Analyze schedule results and provide to leaders and team members with suggestions as to how to meet schedule constraints.
- Analyze the Critical Path across schedules and assist the Master Scheduler in running and analyzing Schedule Risk Analysis (SRA) results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university is required and at least 15+ years of relevant experience.
- Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Five (5) years of experience as a Project Manager for a software development program or other related technical activity.
- Two (2) years of experience working with MS Project as a Project Manager or Scheduler.
- One (1) or more years of experience working in an Agile development environment.
- A high degree of interest in learning new approaches to scheduling and applying them to a very fast paced environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage time extremely well and quickly sense when an issue needs to be discussed or triaged.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical.
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification.
- Experience managing or analyzing the critical path of a task network.
This position is eligible for an increased sign on bonus of $20, 000. Please visit careers.leidos.com/CSS20k for details and a full list of eligible opportunities.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.