The Homeland Security Solutions Division within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Logistics and Service Operations Manager to work in Ashburn, Virginia and or the surrounding area. This exciting opportunity will support U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). This role will support CBP’s ongoing need to explore and implement new ways to maintain, enhance, and refresh existing systems, as well as to maintain, develop and deploy new technical solutions that satisfy ongoing requirements for land, sea, and air ports of entry and inspection checkpoints. Leidos is looking for a team-oriented leader focused on reaching the strategic goals of CBP. The Logistics and Service Operations Manager must provide the leadership and have the interpersonal communication skills necessary to inspire, lead, direct and manage a large program. The Logistics and Service Operations Manager will interface with senior CBP leaders and directors to help define their vision.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Logistics and Service Operations Manager will manage comprehensive Integrated Logistics Support effort. The manager will work closely with clients and contract employees to develop technical logistics products such as Logistics and Maintainability Demonstrations, Technical Manual Verifications, and Physical Configuration Audits. The Logistics and Service Operations Manager will identify, plan, resource, and implement and/or acquire:
- Maintenance concepts and requirements
- Personnel to operate equipment systems in support of mission requirements
- Repair parts, spares, and consumables in support of mission requirements
- Support for mobile and fixed systems
- System technical data
- Comprehensive training programs for CBP and civilian personnel
- Computer hardware and software systems and associated support
- Facilities to enable training, maintenance, and storage in support of mission requirements
- Packaging, handling, storage, and transportation to maximize availability and usability
The Logistics and Service Operations Manager will:
- Manage the customer services ensuring an acceptable level of service to by field technicians, and other logistics partners
- Own order-to-delivery process and ensure fast, efficient, and accurate delivery execution
- Develop policies and procedures to maintain service levels and minimize spares investment
- Identify and pursue cost reduction opportunities to lower cost of services
- Ensure procedures and metrics are in place to monitor the flow of goods and materials
- Provide metrics and reports to the customer and to each OEM service provider
- Ensure SLA’s and KPI’s are meeting expectations
- Collaborate directly with senior leadership on the development and implementation of strategies to enhance the value and cost-effectiveness of our logistics and service model
- Participate in the systems engineering process
- Provide logistics subject matter expertise to the system design from inception and throughout its lifecycle
- Actively engage with team personnel and project officers to solve a range of logistical issues
- Develop and conduct briefings
- Research and gather relevant project data
- Draft technical papers
- Focus and guide project teams
- Monitor cost and schedule of projects
- Participate in project evaluations
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Verify product technical quality
- US citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 – 12 years of professional logistics experience in civilian or military arenas to include Integrated Logistics Support, total lifecycle management of equipment, and/or production of materials for high-profile/high-demand clients.
- Proven ability to work on and manage high-visibility programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact effectively with team members, senior managers, and clients.
- Basic knowledge of the Engineering Change Proposal process, flow, and impacts on fielded systems and technical support data.
- Possess the required knowledge to determine Performance Based Logistics requirements as they relate to business case analyses.
- Excellent data gathering and writing skills
- Strong knowledge base in equipment lifecycle management and supply chain management.
- Skilled in the Microsoft Office Suite of tools, especially Excel
- Strong military logistics and equipment platform experience.
- Working knowledge of the CBP Port of Entry systems and/or their operational requirements.
- Firsthand experience in the following products/disciplines is a plus:
- Level of Repair Analysis
- Maintenance Expenditure Limits
- Qualitative/Quantitative Personnel Requirements Information
- Basis of Issue Plan Feeder Data
- Lifecycle Sustainment Planning
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.