Leidos has an opening for a Linux Systems Engineer to join the team supporting the International Space Station's (ISS) Space Operations Computing (SpOC), Station Support Computer (SSC) Laptop & Network Integration group. The Linux Systems Engineer will be a member of the SpOC/SSC software team, and will participate in software/load development activities for the on-board SSC.
The Systems Engineer should have a broad knowledge and practical experience working in both Linux and MS Windows environments, as well as knowledge of common networking practices.
- Develop new elements of the SSC system.
- Provide support for elements of the SSC system as assigned – implementing change requests to modify existing features, add new features, or correct discrepancies in existing software.
- Sustaining support includes: requirement analysis and documentation, software design and implementation, test procedure development, and software documentation.
- Participate as a member of one or more organizational teams addressing all areas of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Interact with internal team members (NASA and contractor) along with external stakeholders (NASA and contractor) across all phases of the SDLC
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other technically related area and a minimum of 4 years' relevant experience.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Programming knowledge/ experience in any of the following is highly desired: PowerShell,; C/C++; PHP; Bash.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following is a plus: Build Automation tools (e.g. Jenkins); Ansible; Puppet; Virtual Machines; DNS/DHCP; Microsoft Deployment Tool; Active Directory implementations; iOS/Swift.
Must be able to pass a Public Trust background investigation. U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residence is required due to length of investigation required for non-U.S. persons.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.