The Defense Group has an immediate opportunity for a Contracts Representative to join the contracts team managing the Navy Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) Service Management Integration & Transport (SMIT) program. This position will play an important role supporting the day-to-day operations of this critically important, highly complex program. The Contracts Representative performs contract administration and will have responsibility for executing assigned contract tasks in accordance with all contract requirements, company policy and procedures, and applicable laws.
The position requires knowledge of federal contracting, the FAR and DFARS, and fixed price, level of effort, time-and-material, and cost reimbursement contracts. The Contracts Representative must have the ability to manage multiple priorities, possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and attention to detail. The employee will be expected to work independently and see tasks through to completion. The position requires day-to-day interface with Leidos management and staff as well as external customers. The Contracts Representative will prepare moderate to complex new business and task order proposals, and support all phases of order administration.
- Responsible for all aspects of task order administration. Negotiates and executes contract documents in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Identify problems and communicate potential solutions. Implements operational decisions of program management.
- Handle multiple contract actions with short turn-around times in fast-paced environment.
- Create and maintain contract files in full compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies and guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with internal team members across different functions and client/program team members.
- Operate with a customer-service perspective that demonstrates the values of the company and the organization.
- Exercise sound business judgment in evaluation of contract risks and impacts.
- Establish strong, positive relationships with customers.
- BA degree and 2 or more years of relevant contract administration experience or Masters (or higher) degree with 2 or more years of relevant experience.
- Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirements
- Proficiency with the Federal Acquisition Regulation and the Defense Federal Acquisition Supplement
- Must have strong analytical and effective communication skills
- Ability to identify and mitigate contract risks and identify and coordinate reviews of appropriate solutions in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.