Seeking a Sr. Requirements Officer to facilitate user requests for telephony and other user accounts. Must possess sound operational knowledge and be experienced with domestic and overseas operational environments. The Requirements Officer will serve as the primary interface to the end customers, collecting requirements, creating/issuing accounts and storing them in the appropriate databases.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with users via customer requirements database and capture users’ operational requirements
- Create and maintain standard operational procedures (SOP) for telephony related services
- Maintain customer databases and generate the appropriate metrics
- Anticipate potential problems, identify risks, and plan for contingencies
- Work multiple issues simultaneously while maintaining a professional composure
- Read, respond and create customer communications without errors
- BS in Science or Engineering related field. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 8+ years’ experience in the telecommunications industry with an understanding of telecommunication phone circuits and internet capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Experience in customer’s operational environment
- Must have experience developing and maintaining SOPs
- Must possess exceptional communication skills as well as experience briefing high level customer officials
- Experience writing high quality communications without error
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Must have experience with office systems like Outlook, MS Office, Skype, Internet Explorer, Lotus Notes, Remedy
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.