Leidos seeks an Industrial Energy Advisor to both market and support energy-efficiency projects with large industrial businesses in the Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York and Connecticut area. This exciting position offers a very unique career opportunity for a dynamic person with excellent outreach, sales, communication and organizational skills to promote energy efficiency projects to large industrial customers.
The person in this position will broadly market Energy Efficiency programs to large commercial and industrial customers and will require the ability to identify efficiency opportunities, as well as the technical ability to calculate energy savings, maintain customer relationships, and deliver presentations. The candidate should have basic general knowledge of building systems, industrial systems, construction practices, and/or the energy efficiency industry. Must be highly motivated, well organized, self-starting, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and work well in a team setting. Experience as an Industrial Energy Manager is desired
Industrial Energy Advisor Responsibilities:
• Performing energy saving calculations related to the operation of different types of energy using systems within the industrial and commercial markets with a strong emphasis on lighting systems.
• Identify efficiency opportunities while having the initiative and interest in keeping up-to-date on energy efficiency technologies
• Communicate technical issues across the project team
• Provide and present technical advisement to client’s regarding the design, procurement and installation of energy efficient equipment
• Advise clients on processes that ensure continuous demand-reduction.
• Requires a Bachelors of Science or Engineering degree with 12+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters with a minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience; in lieu of a degree, candidates with 15+ years relevant experience, will be considered, from a multitude of capacities including: building controls/design build energy contractor and facilities engineer; an ideal candidate should have a master electrician license.
• Certified Energy Manager (CEM) preferred.
• The ability and desire to be: productive, accurate and organized
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and statistical knowledge and skills using Excel Ability learn proprietary energy management systems
• This position requires a valid driver’s license and physical ability to perform field verification of pre and post installation of energy efficiency measures.
• Ability to be self-starting—demonstrate initiative---including the ability to collaborate well in a supportive team environment.
• Sales experience preferred.
• Experience in Industrial/Manufacturing energy assessments and audits preferred.
The ideal candidate must be familiar with and have the ability to make energy efficiency recommendations for the following type of systems:
• Compressed Air Systems
• Supermarket refrigeration systems
• Hydronic Pumping Systems
• Chilled Water Systems, Process and Comfort
• Refrigeration Systems
• HVAC, various systems in different configurations
• Building Envelopes
• Hydraulic Systems
• Vacuum Systems
• Ovens - Drying, Paint, Baking, Heat Treat
• Thermal Oxidizers
• Conveyer Systems
• AC and DC motors
• Extrusion Systems
• Heat Recovery Systems
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.