Leidos is seeking candidates for a Software Architect/Developer on the "Defense Casualty Information Processing System program (DCIPS)". DCIPS is a web-enabled database which processes casualty and mortuary affairs reports, provides case management of casualties, and allows for the interactive exchange of data between the military services’ CMA Offices, their regional centers, and the military commanding units responsible for the reporting of service member casualties.
The SME Software Architect Developer Lead will:
- Architect, develop, deploy, and sustain the new DCIPS application.
- Utilize Agile development methodologies during all phases for the development, continual enhancement, and sustainment of the new technology.
- Conduct User Experience (UX) research and incorporate responsive, human-centered design principles.
- Employ mobile-first, RWD principles.
- Perform administrative, operational, maintenance, and programming responsibilities
- Provide Program Management Support
- Provide Section 508 Compliance and Validation Support
- Provide Business Analysis Support
- Provide User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) Support
- Provide DCIPS Architecture Support
- Provide DCIPS DM&E Support
- Provide Casualty Mission-Specific Development Support
- Provide Application Programming Interface (API) Development and Management Support
- Provide DCIPS Software Assurance (SwA) and Information Assurance (IA) Support
- Provide Application Testing Support
- Provide DCIPS User Training Support
- Provide DCIPS Go-Live Support
- Provide DCIPS Multi-Tier Helpdesk Support
- Provide Database Administration and Engineering Support
- System and Network Administration and Engineering Support
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field
- A minimum of 12 years of (SME/Senior level) DoD Software Architecture and Development experience
- Experience architecting, developing, deploying, and maintaining high-availability, mission-critical, and multi-service (USA, USN, USAF, USMC, USCG) systems and capabilities
- Possess a current PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) or Scrum Alliance (Scrum, Coach, or Agile Leadership) certification
- Active Secret Clearance
- DoD Casualty and Mortuary Affairs mission experience and expertise desired
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.