Are you interested in technology management and marketing?
Do you want to build these skills in an R&D lab designing the future of Connected and Automated Vehicles?
Leidos is seeking an R&D Project Management and Marketing Intern to join our team at the Saxton Transportation and Operations Laboratory (STOL or Saxton Lab), in McLean, VA.
The STOL or Saxton Lab supports the USDOT and Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) with a range of transportation and operations research and development programs.
This is an opportunity to be part of a large interdisciplinary research and outreach team that advances connected and automated vehicle technologies associated with Vehicle-to-Vehicle and Vehicle-to-Infrastructure communications (V2V, V2I, and V2X) for passenger and commercial motor vehicles (freight).
The R&D Project Management and Engagement Support Intern will participate in some or all of the following:
- Project management support such as assisting on regular project management activities for two large CAV R&D projects, such as client meetings and status call support, project communications, deliverable progress tracking, and monthly reporting and metrics.
- Connected Automated Vehicle (CAV) research showcase events that highlight our CAV R&D research to USDOT staff. Responsibilities include support for: event planning and logistics, content strategy and creation, event facilitation, and event debrief.
- Individual stakeholder engagement. Responsibilities include support for: arranging stakeholder meetings, conducting background research, recording key takeaways
- Outreach content and virtual events. Responsibilities include support for: content development and messaging, conference session planning, webinar planning.
- Assisting engineers and researchers with various phases of scientific research and laboratory upkeep.
- Completing routine laboratory tasks as defined in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Note: *The selected INTERN will have the opportunity to operate the vehicles and may have an opportunity for advanced driver training to serve as a Safety Driver for vehicle testing*
- Be enrolled in or recently completed a degree program related to Urban Planning, Communications, Information Systems, or Business or Technology Management.
- Passion for technology and interest in connected and automated vehicles and intelligent transportation solutions.
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Must be a good team player and able to give and take constructive feedback.
- Must be prompt, schedule-conscious, and able to focus on the work at hand.
- Valid driver’s license and suitability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Your GPA needs to be included on your application and resume.
- US Citizenship
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Preference for candidates with any of the following Qualifications:
- Direct research experience contributing to the authorship of a technical paper.
- Direct experience contributing to management of technical project.
- Experience taking data from information systems and communicating to a client or stakeholder.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.