A Project Manager must have experience managing Information Technology related projects. Must be well versed in life cycle and project management methodologies. Must have experience in tracking costs, schedule and performance progress. Must be able to identify and mitigate risks.
- Responsible for the execution of team monitoring, proactive engagement, problem identification, analysis, reporting, coordination, tracking, and resolution facilitation before an incident.
- Ensure forthright communication and coordination of high-priority events and incidents with business and OIT leadership; acts as central point of contact for business engagements.
- Ensures team cohesion, cross-functional coordination, and collaboration across shift structure (turnover) and enterprise partners.
- Ensures responsiveness to staff and customer initiatives and requirements.
- Supports SLA monitoring and engagement activities.
- Leads Project Management activities/meetings as related to business-centric releases and development
- Provides liaison to OIT enterprise leadership, business customers and end users
- Must have experience managing Information Technology related projects. Must be well versed in life cycle and project management methodologies.
- Must have experience in tracking costs, schedule and performance progress. Must be able to identify and mitigate risks. Resource Requirement
- Manage intake of new applications/systems for Event Management.
- Evaluate and determine specific intake criteria
- Ensure intake documentation complete
- Determine and Manage schedule
- Coordinate with other groups to onboard application/system for EM
- Manage/conduct EM tabletops/walk-thru of escalation run books
- Provide IT project management support for various Event Management projects and sub-projects.
- Expedite and coordinate services to assist in managing complex enterprise
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline.
- Ten (10) years of relevant experience
- 18 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education:
- Must have the ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Must be US Citizen
- Demonstrated experience with oral and written communication skills – the ability to communicate information and ideas in a manner that is understandable, responsive, and customer-focused
- Demonstrated experience identifying the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Demonstrated experience identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Demonstrated experience in providing customer service
- Demonstrated experience in planning and scheduling, to include experience in developing program plans, resource requirements, and schedules to achieve Program goals
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Office to include PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Demonstrated experience working with IT System Integration and Automation
- Demonstrated experience working with Process Improvement
- SAFe - Candidate should have knowledge and some practice with following the practices of the SAFe framework for which the organization is moving toward or other related certifications
- Demonstrated Soft Skills to include:
- Takes Ownership
- Strong Aptitude for Attention to Details
- Adaptability - As a result of a continuously and rapidly changing environment, the candidate will need to be able to adapt to changing and complex organizational environment as well as changing deliverable requirements
- Influencer - The individual will not have supervisor or budget authority; will need to be able to motivate and accomplish objectives by constructive and positive influence
- Experienced Individual should operate independently with little to no task and planning oversight
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:0
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.