Leidos Operational Accounting is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant that can help provide senior leadership to join our inventory accounting team. The Senior Accountant will report to the Inventory Accounting Manager. In this role, the ideal candidate will be involved in the department’s Inventory accounting function, review and apply accounting guidance to real world situations, work collaboratively with employees, vendors and customers often in a global environment. The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for training others within the broader accounting team. The position will require the Accountant to present to senior leadership from time to time. The role will employ a number of duties in the areas of accounting, financial reporting and process improvement.
- Performing technical research and its application to complex inventory accounting situations
- Preparation and approval of journal entries and Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Reconcile/monitor general ledger accounts to ensure compliance with GAAP
- Analytical comparisons of expected results to actuals
- Proactively assist in monitoring the Company’s inventory
- Setup and maintenance of inventory projects
- Review inventory analysis and make recommendation of inventory issue
- Provide support for the preparation of the Company’s 10Q/10K SEC filings and quarterly supplemental reporting
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation
- Recommend and implement process improvements as appropriate to simplify, standardize and streamline efforts
- Participate in ad-hoc projects/tasks such as internal/external audit requests, department goals and initiatives and other special projects as needed
- Manage inventory standard operating process
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with 4 to 8 years of prior accounting experience in Accounting or Master’s degree with 2 to 6 years of prior accounting experience.
- Demonstrated prior and future capabilities to work overtime to ensure team deliverables are met and during surge periods
- Knowledgeable of accounting principles, specifically, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and self-motivated to independently study accounting concepts.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to independently study concepts and policies with the goal of shortening the learning curve.
- Strong computer skills including proficient experience with Microsoft Excel and has an interest in Robotics Process Automation.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-driven with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with others with minimal oversight
- Ability to work in deadline driven conditions with ability to juggle shifting priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of personnel
- Knowledge of ASC 330
- Have background and experience with technical inventory accounting topics
- Prior experience working at a publicly traded company
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Oracle Business/Toad experience
- Government contract experience
- Experience with Costpoint Manufacturing Module
- Past experience with transformation projects such as Robotics Process Automation (RPA), Power BI dashboards, SQL reports, and other automation software is a plus.
Please note that this position allows partial telecommute (2 days per week) and you are expected to work from one of the following locations: Oakridge - TN, Huntsville - AL, or Tucson - AZ. No relocation assistance is available at this time.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.