The Leidos corporate Business Development & Strategy (BD&S) organization is seeking a Vice President of Strategic Partnerships to help shape Leidos’ strategic direction and drive growth and profitability. This position will be located at the Leidos headquarters in Reston, Virginia.
This position will be responsible for leading the pursuit and execution of strategic partnerships with companies and other external organizations to enable and accelerate implementation of Leidos strategic growth priorities. The position will report to the Senior Vice President, Corporate Strategy and will collaborate with leaders across Leidos to identify capabilities and technologies that are required to drive our growth strategies, identify potential partner companies that provide required capabilities and technologies, develop relationships with partner companies, establish goals for strategic partnerships and ensure the success of strategic partnerships.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in developing and managing strategic partnerships within a technology products, solutions or services company.
- Supports the development and implementation of the Leidos corporate strategy as a member of the Leidos corporate business development and strategy team
- Collaborates with Leidos Groups and the Office of Technology to identify and prioritize capabilities and technologies that will be required to enable the Leidos strategy and drive growth
- Engages with Leidos Groups, Strategic Account Executives (SAEs) and customers to understand customer needs and strategic partnership opportunities
- Collaborates with Leidos Groups and the Office of Technology to identify potential strategic partners
- Builds relationships with potential strategic partners, develops and communicates plans for mutually beneficial business opportunities, and motivates potential partners to engage in strategic partnerships
- Leads cross-Leidos teams to outline goals, structures and requirements for execution of strategic partnerships
- Assists Leidos PE&SP team in negotiating and executing partnership agreements
- Collaborates with external and internal partnership stakeholders (to include the Leidos Executive Leadership Team and functional and line executives) to ensure the success of each of our strategic partnerships on a daily basis
- Assists Leidos PE&SP team to measure progress against strategic partnership goals
- Prepares and delivers compelling communication for Leidos and partner executive teams to manage and advance partnerships
- Supports corporate events and requests such as the Leidos Board of Directors meetings, investor briefings, and CEO presentations
- Represents Leidos in industry events and participates in activities to build Leidos brand awareness and community engagement
- 10-15 years of experience in strategic partnership, business development, strategy development, or strategic sales and account management roles
- Demonstrated success in building and managing relationships with business partners
- Experience in the federal government contracting industry
- Ability to articulate a vision and build consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) including to CEO and Board level audiences
- Alignment with the Leidos values of integrity, inclusion, innovation, agility, collaboration and commitment
- Advanced degree, preferably in technology or business administration
- US Citizenship with ability to attain Top Secret Clearance required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Strategic Planning
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.