The TI is responsible implementing and maintaining technical quality assurance and control systems. The TI completes inspections required by the U.S. Government, the aircraft maintenance manuals and local established and/or modified maintenance procedures and processes.
The TI is responsible to support daily organizational maintenance in accordance with technical data and directives; render technical assistance and instruction to personnel in the assembly, operation, service repair and modification of rotary-wing aircraft.
The TI may be tasked with implementation of quality related special projects, such as training or auditing. He/she may be required to conduct research or assist in investigational studies. He/she will implement design/development of new or modified equipment or methods/systems for improved performance.
TI’s evaluate and resolve calibration and troubleshooting problems. TI’s ensure maintenance records and maintenance actions are completed and correct and that military maintenance records meet local directives. TI’s mentor rotary-wing Technical Inspectors to perform all required Technical Inspection tasks. TI’s may be tasked with additional responsibilities including support of quality related projects, such as training or auditing. This position may require travel or permanent relocation to other program areas in the Middle East Theater as the mission dictates.
• U.S. Citizen
• Licensed Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) mechanic.
• 3+ years of maintenance experience with rotary wing aircraft.
• Minimum required education is high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be knowledgeable and conversant in aviation maintenance operations, safety, standardization and technical inspections.
• U.S. Citizenship.
• Understanding and acceptance of local customs and traditions.
• Ability to direct a multi-cultural team.
• Native English speaker or International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) level 3 or above fluency.
Program Specific Requirements:
Candidates must be able to obtain/eligible the following.
NOTE: Failure to complete any of the actions listed below will void the terms of employment.
• A current U.S. passport, with a minimum of 18 months remaining and multiple, consecutive blank pages, before employment start date.
• Successfully passing all CENTCOM medical and training requirements. If the candidate is unable to successfully pass a medical screening, prior to their anticipated employment start date, immediate termination will be requested.
• National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI) or Secret Clearance, if required
• A positively adjudicated Federal Government Investigation in order to qualify for a Common Access Card (CAC).
• FAA Inspection Authority (IA)
• Experience working as an inspector on rotary-wing aircraft.
• Understanding of U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) military aviation maintenance operations.
• Customer service experience.
• Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Knowledge of borescope operation and review.
• Tooling/fixtures experience.
• Proficient with computer systems (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and SharePoint).
• Experience with Internal Organization Standardization (ISO) and Aerospace Standards (AS) ISO9001/AS9100/AS9110.
• Military deployment experience is highly desired and deployment experience to the U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) region is desired.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:0
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.