The CLS-A program is seeking a Quality Assurance Compliance Auditor. This position is in the Middle East and will be responsible for auditing the program for contract compliance.
• Assist the Quality Manager in developing, implementing, and monitoring the Quality Management System (QMS).
• Standardization of CLS-A program; forms register, Local Operating Instructions, Policies and Procedures.
• Ensure servers and SharePoint is up to date with program documents and technical publications, such as Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives, Technical Assistance Requests and Maintenance Engineering Calls.
• Drive the overall execution of applicable aviation processes through evaluation and hands-on standardization.
• Drive continuous improvement on processes, work instructions, procedures and forms to ensure ongoing standardization.
• Monitor and audit master technical publication library to ensure compliance.
• Lead internal quality audits, execute Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) initiatives and reporting.
• Interface with functional managers to identify quality issues, resolve problems, and implement effective corrective action.
• Provide advice and guidance in interpreting company, program, and government standards and regulations, including with Internal Organization Standardization (ISO) 9001 and Aerospace Standards (AS) AS9100 and AS9110.
• Provide guidance to program personnel to assist in the interpretation of, and compliance of contract requirements.
• Participate in safety committee meetings to offer quality-related improvements for any safety, health and environmental concerns across the program.
• Assure that maintenance and quality control personnel comply with all manufacturer Airworthiness Directives, Engineering Authorizations, and Service Bulletins, as well as company and customer defined policies and procedures.
• Coordinate closely with the Quality Manager to execute an effective surveillance and inspection program.
• Create/edit communications and presentations that are sent to program management, analyze and report the effectiveness and health of the program using metrics and key performance indicators.
• Adhere to contract standards as defined in the contract (including modifications), and the Performance Work Statement (as amended).
• Additional responsibilities including support of quality related projects, such as training.
• This position may require travel or permanent relocation to other program areas in as the mission dictates.
• Licensed Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) mechanic.
• 10+ years of maintenance experience with fixed wing or rotary aircraft.
• Minimum required education is high school diploma or equivalent.
• Management experience and skills to supervise a highly complex auditing program.
Must be knowledgeable and conversant in aviation maintenance operations, safety, standardization and technical inspections.
• U.S. Citizenship.
• Understanding and acceptance of local customs and traditions.
• Ability to direct a multi-cultural team.
• Native English speaker or International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) level 3 or above fluency.
• FAA Inspection Authority (IA)
• Mi-17 helicopters Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) certification (or other Mi-type helicopters) and/or PC-12 OEM certification.
• Experience working as an inspector on Mi-17 or PC-12 aircraft.
• Understanding of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) military aviation maintenance operations.
• Customer service experience.
• Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Knowledge of borescope operation and review.
• Tooling/fixtures experience.
• Experience with Engine Trend Monitoring.
• Proficient with computer systems (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and SharePoint).
• Experience with Internal Organization Standardization (ISO) and Aerospace Standards (AS) ISO9001/AS9100/AS9110.
• Military deployment experience is highly desired and deployment experience to the U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) region is desired.
• Experience working in austere environments.
Program Specific Requirements:
Candidates must be able to obtain/eligible the following.
NOTE: Failure to complete any of the actions listed below will void the terms of employment.
• A current U.S. passport, with a minimum of 18 months remaining and multiple, consecutive blank pages, before employment start date.
• Successfully passing all CENTCOM medical and training requirements. If the candidate is unable to successfully pass a medical screening, prior to their anticipated employment start date, immediate termination will be requested.
• National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI) or Secret Clearance, if required
• A positively adjudicated Federal Government Investigation in order to qualify for a Common Access Card (CAC).
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:0
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Aviation Quality Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.