Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We currently have a permanent vacancy for a Automation Test Engineer with experience of integrating large scale Systems, Services and applications within a Mission Critical Systems\Services Integration environment.
Applicants must have SC clearance.
Will require regular travel to either Coventry or Farnborough sites 3 to 4 days a week.
We are looking for an integration test engineer to join our team to help us deliver a large scale systems integration programme. As part of an integrated team the successful candidate will design, create and execute automated tests and coordinate/lead test activities.
You will have overall responsibility for the automated testing of a large system and code base and leading testing activities. This role is of a highly technical nature.
- Experience in Automation tools sets Python and Robot framework
- Must be able to support travel to either Coventry or Farnborough site
- Must have automated working experience for at least 3 years
- 7 years’ test experience (or 4 years’ experience with ISTQB Foundation Certificate in software testing)
- Demonstrable Systems Integration experience including integrating 3rd party systems or components.
- Extensive experience and good understanding of structured test methods and processes
- Experience of taking ownership and driving delivery of testing projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills – ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members.
- Self-motivated and willing to speak to colleagues to find out missing information;
- Enthusiastic, proactive, troubleshooting attitude with a willingness to learn new technologies;
- Extensive experience analysing requirements and design documentation
- Experience in leading and coordinating test activities
- Extensive demonstrable experience developing test plans
- Experience executing tests analysis and documenting results
- Experience in Functional and Non Functional Testing
- Experience in Performance Testing
- Experience in Defect Management
- Good time management and organisational skills – ability to work with minimal supervision and direct others to do the same requires
- Working with large-scale and complex integration programmes
- Experience with cloud & virtualised products/services/solutions
- Knowledge of SecDevOps
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture
- JIRA and TestRail experience or equivalent tools
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
Contributory Pension Scheme
Private Medical Insurance
33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.