Leidos is seeking an experienced Consumer Reviewer Administrator Senior (CRA), who will be responsible for providing assistance for recruitment and training of consumer reviewers for peer review panels for the U.S. Army, Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP) office. Consumer reviewers work side by side with the scientific reviewers. The CRA will work with consumer advocacy organizations and patient advocacy groups to recruit patients, survivors, family members, and/or caregivers to provide new perspectives and insights that scientific panel members may not have in the specialized medical research area peer review panels.
This position requires the ability to obtain a National Agency Clearance and Inquiries (NACI) clearance.
- Create recruitment materials and assist in recruiting qualified individuals to serve in peer review panels as consumer reviewers, alongside scientist reviewers. Consumer reviewers are civilians, military personnel, and veterans who reside or work with those living with a variety of diseases/injuries or conditions, from cancers to severe war injuries.
- Conduct consumer and patient outreach, recruitment and training of subject matter experts in specialized medical research areas.
- Recruit, coordinate, manage, train, and support individuals from consumer/patient advocacy groups to participate in scientific peer reviews.
- Provide guidance and instruction to consumer reviewers during the initial review process
- Relay updated policies, guidelines and criteria to consumer reviewers.
- Provide updates during the consumer recruitment period on consumer recruitment accomplishments, barriers to recruitment, etc. on a monthly basis or as needed.
- Help to coordinate calls and outreach to patient advocacy organizations. Maintain contacts with a broad representation of active consumer advocacy and support organizations.
- Solicit nominations from consumer/advocacy support groups for upcoming peer reviews, evaluate nominations and select consumer reviewers
- Devise and implement strategies for recruiting consumer reviewers representative of the community affected by the disease/condition, including representation of diverse and minority populations/groups and military veterans.
- Participate with the Scientific Review Officer in selection of consumer members for peer review panels and review medical research applications on topics such as cancer, infectious diseases, military medicine, traumatic brain injury, combat casualty care, and other military relevant diseases and conditions.
- Perform quality control of reviewer critiques to ensure information is complete, accurate and that information is properly captured.
- Draft and edit documents/graphics in Microsoft and Adobe programs.
- A Bachelor's degree in a biomedical or scientific discipline required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience.
- Experience managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications, and briefing skills.
- Ability to communicate with staff at various levels (administrative, scientific, technical, and managerial).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience creating documentation using MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat.
- Multiple years of experience in patient advocacy.
- Proficient knowledge of the peer review and/or grants management process.
- Recruitment or HR experience would be a plus.
- Prior experience reviewing medical research applications on topics such as cancer research and prevention, infectious diseases, military medicine, traumatic brain injury, combat casualty care, and other military relevant diseases and conditions is highly desired.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:0
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.