In this position, the candidate will support the operations, management, and system integration of existing and new systems in a data center environment. Primarily the candidate will be responsible to complete visual inspections of the facility to locate obvious equipment failures or other potential problems such as equipment in alarm state, equipment overheating, facility environmental systems status, water leaks, and other causes of service degradation. Will perform racking and stacking of equipment and de-installation as needed. Application of diverse skills in system engineering, administration, management, and security. Additionally, will provide immediate response and problem resolution to critical system incident tickets. The candidate will have significant direct contact with the immediate customers and the Data Center Unit staff. This position involves work that is non-sedentary and requires long intervals of standing, regularly crawling, crouching, kneeling, and ladder climbing.
- Serve as a specialist, independently or as a team member, undertaking system design studies involving the development, modification, maintenance, and evaluation of Information Technology (IT) Systems.
- Perform studies to research, analyze, design, implement, and test IT systems for administrative, clerical, investigative, technical, and scientific areas within the FBI.
- Determine whether it would be cost effective to automate previously manual systems, modify large record keeping systems, or create new systems capable of enhancing current system performance.
- Program, test, document, and implement system modifications and proposals.
- Work with end-users to understand the work environment and to determine requirements.
- Identify issues and problems in a data center or IT lab environment.
- Conduct analysis of current systems to determine the feasibility of new or modified IT.
- Ensure end-users understand all the issues involved with IT objectives including system compatibility issues.
- Practical experience supporting data center activities; integrating with infrastructure services, bare metal builds, racking and staking equipment
- Responsible to review Change Plans and to perform the actions associated with the plan
- Experience installing/de-installations of equipment to include:
- Mounting or removing equipment from the racks
- Installing or removing cables
- Terminating cable connector ends
- Labeling equipment and cables
- Coordinating with system owner for testing of installed system
- Quality Check on installation
- Disposition of removed equipment
- Strong understanding of network standards and of cabling infrastructure, specifically as related to copper and fiber deployed in a Data Center
- Experience logging into network equipment for basic configuration or trouble shooting with equipment vendors
- Ability to support and assist the Data Center Network (DCN) staff and willingness to learn new technologies applicable to the data Center as part of the teams cross-utilization.
- Excellent documentation skills to ensure all work accomplished within the Data Center is regularly updated to include making updates to the Data Center Change Plan and SharePoint lists
- Experience documenting and tracking break fix items in a ticket tracking system along with equipment inventory and management in a SharePoint tracking system or equivalent and assist with identifying inventory assets during annual Division Inventory activities
- Demonstrates maturity, good judgement, and excellent technical written/verbal communications to clearly communicate orally and in writing to technical and nontechnical staff
- Capable of lifting and moving up to 50lbs of equipment as needed
- Ability to support an on-call schedule that is 24/7/365 along with the willingness to travel to other locations in support the mission as necessary
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Active Top Secret with ability to obtain SCI through a polygraph
- Demonstrated ability to stay organized, follow written instructions or technical guides, and able to prioritize tasks to maintain, deploy of IT systems.
- The ability to quickly adapt to new system environments and interface with systems. An interest in working on a broad range of problems and technology and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Proficiency in installing, hardening, patching, backup and restore of Windows and Linux systems
- Experience in system integration, test, debug of COTS/GOTS systems. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to integrate new capabilities
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: LDAP, Active Directory, log archive
- Ability to perform bare metal server builds, backup/restore
- Use of standard project management techniques to include AGILE and standard project management methodologies
- Willingness to work independently and at times as only Leidos representative working directly with customer IT team
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.