Leidos is currently seeking motivated Avionics Systems and Software Test Engineers that have experience with emphasis on Autonomy Algorithm Performance. The Avionics Systems and Software Test Engineer is responsible for developing test plans and procedures, and determining test resources needed to test the Skyborg Autonomy products and capabilities. This testing will take place in System Integration Labs (SILs) both at Leidos and on base at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB). The individual will also work closely with government test engineers to plan the flight demonstrations and tests, and develop those procedures and flight cards. The successful candidate will be able to work both independently with minimal supervision, as well as within a team environment. The work will be accomplished in support of the Skyborg System Design Agent program.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Plan for and support the integration of hardware and software in the SILs
• Support SIL architecture design for incorporating the hardware and software
• Plan for and support the integration of hardware and software on the aircraft
• Develop the checkout procedures for verifying hardware functionality in the SIL
• Develop the test plans and procedures for ensuring system performance in the SIL prior to flight demonstrations and testing
• Create the test plans and procedures for development testing of the Skyborg systems
• Coordinate test plans and procedures with the other Skyborg teams, including the software unit tests as part of the Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) process
• Capture test results
• Support troubleshooting of any system or software issues
• Be proficient at writing technical content for maintenance manuals including installation, test, repair, and troubleshooting procedures.
• Work with Software engineers to ensure that all software is compatible with or meets customer security standards including the ability to work with CA signed certificates
• Create DRs, CRs, and OPS tickets to track software discrepancies
• Be willing to run Test Procedures at a customer site with the customer witnessing.
Level 2 requires - Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 2 years of related experience
Level 3 requires - Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 4 years of related experience
Level 4 requires - Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 8 years of related experience
All levels require:
• Experience in systems integration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of complex system problems
• Experience developing test plans and procedures for avionics and developing automated software tests
• Experience working in a SIL environment
• Experience with aircraft avionics integration and test
• US citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally from informal one-on-one discussions or in a small group environment
• Work well within a team and independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to work within a dynamic work environment, ability to handle multiple tasks at once (multi-task)
• Experience developing test plans and procedures for autonomy algorithms
• Familiar with Agile Methodologies, preferably SCRUM or Kanban
• Experience with Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
• Experience with model and simulation environments to support simulation and test
• Experience with Live and Virtual Constructive environments to understand complex systems and troubleshooting points for integration
• The ability to obtain an TS/SCI Security Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.