Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions team is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with direct NC3 background to support our NC3 Enterprise Center team. Work is to be performed at DISA headquarters, Ft Meade, MD. You must hold an active DOD Top Secret/SCI clearance to qualify.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be a part of a major new design opportunity that will focus on engineering, analysis, and documentation of current and objective Enterprise Architectures. This will involve architecture development/trade-offs for acquisition strategy decisions to evolve the Nuclear C3 System into a broader Strategic C3/National Leadership Command Capability (NLCC).
You will participate on the technical design team for the future presidential senior leadership and COOP/COG architecture development efforts that will describe and integrate all current planning for modification, upgrade, evolution, and modernization of existing nuclear C3 system components forming the foundation for the NLCC. These activities will focus on implementing System-of-System methodologies and integrating current system architectures of Senior Leader, COOP/COG, and NC3 components into a detailed, NLCC enterprise architecture.
Your direct responsibilities include:
- Developing recommendations concerning continuation, modification, or elimination of current national leader and nuclear C3 system enhancement plans
- Collecting and assessing current proven solutions and emerging concepts for national and nuclear C3 Interface with Leidos' team and other Subject Matter Experts to leverage expertise will be essential to the success of the NC3 Architecture.
- Assess the ability of the current and planned capabilities to achieve the desired NLCC and nuclear C2 mission outcomes and execute the identified tasks, under the full range of operating conditions to fully meet the Nuclear Technical Proficiency Criteria (NTPC) standards.
- Identify gaps or redundancies; the attributes and parameters of nuclear C3 systems will be used to fill the gaps, and operational mission priorities will also be used for the elimination of gaps or redundancies.
- Demonstrate exceptional writing, briefing skills, and technical enterprise leadership are a foundational element of the support needed to meet the customer challenges.
- Document and articulate aspects of the critical architecture products and NLCC systems capabilities.
- Work with other JSEIO products including technology assessment reports, technology implementation plans, systems engineering documentation, and alternative analysis reports.
- BS in technical engineering related fields plus 10+ years experience OR MS in technical engineering and 8+ years of experience
- Must hold active DOD Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Demonstrates strong experience with Nuclear C3 missions, systems, and operational procedures currently used with the strategic nuclear capable forces in support of presidential and joint staff nuclear communications. Demonstrated ability to prepare nuclear C3 analysis, documentation, and reports.
- Experience developing system-of-systems functional mission architectures and capabilities using proven methodologies for complex DOD communications based programs including migration of legacy systems into modernized net-centric, service oriented architectures.
- Experience conducting system-of-systems architecture/performance trade-off analysis, and engineering designs of nuclear C3 systems.
- Understanding of, and experience with operations and technical characteristics of nuclear C3 systems to include strategic communications systems, sensor and radar systems, and communications systems deployed at nuclear command centers and on nuclear capable platforms.
- Thorough understanding of national policy, DOD/Joint Staff guidance, and technical performance criteria requirements regarding nuclear C3 operations.
- Ability to apply system engineering techniques and enterprise architecture concepts to specific secure and survivable communications development tasks in a structured approach that supports the five nuclear C2 mission functions and emerging NLCC requirements.
- Expertise in the areas of DOD acquisition/requirements processes, systems analysis, engineering, and nuclear weapons effects regarding communications within the Nuclear C3 System.
- Knowledge of secure video conferencing requirements and how these requirements can be used for decision support and situational awareness tools for senior decision makers.
- Knowledge of activity, data and process modeling techniques and practices to include EA documentation requirements. Hands-on experience with EA development modeling tools is a plus.
- Experience working with senior nuclear C3 and other NLCC community stakeholders such as OSD (NII), Joint Staff, and USSTRATCOM.
About the Program:
This Program supports the development of USSTRATCOM’s Future NC3 Next Generation Architecture and the implementation of SE&I’s Strategic Vision and Work Plan. Provide in-depth system engineering, systems analysis, vulnerability analysis, program and budget analysis, and technical analysis regarding the NC3 Operational Enterprise.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.