The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Certified Cloud Solutions Architect, contingent upon contract award, in Atlanta, GA.
The qualified Cloud Architect will oversee multiple application development initiatives primarily utilizing MS Azure Cloud solutions with Databricks, SPARK Streaming, SQL, Delta Lake and Notebook integrated technology. Specifically the work will support the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD).NCIRD is further broken down into divisions covering Bacterial Disease, Viral Diseases, Global Immunization, Immunization Services and Influenza.
The Certified Cloud Solutions Architect will serves as lead CLOUD Subject Matter Expert (SME) for implementing and overseeing cloud computing strategy. This includes cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring. Oversee application architecture requirements and deployment in cloud environments for the CDC. The successful candidate will have related multiple years of hands-on experience of supporting Commercial Cloud Services with MS Azure. Professional Cloud certifications such as AZURE, CLOUD+ or other with related ones are required.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Certified Cloud Solutions Architect position include but not limited to the following areas:
- Public Cloud Service Provider (MS Azure) Infrastructure Support
- Proxy Auditing and Inspection to Public Cloud Service and External Hosting providers
- Private Cloud (On-Premise) Infrastructure Support
- Other Cloud Service Support
- Evaluate the costs and identify efficiencies of delivering service to the customer.
- Negotiate with stakeholders (Vendors, Customer, etc.) to generate ideas and clarify specifications.
- Delegate tasks as necessary to the team and maintains accountability for results.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyzes
- Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 10+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 8+ years or prior relevant experience. Generally has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Experienced in implementing and overseeing cloud computing strategy, and delivery of cloud solutions.
- Experienced in cloud deployment, operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience with MS Azure Cloud architecture and core services.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Architect Technologies – current certification required
- Demonstrated understanding of IT infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Cloud resource provisions, deployment, microservices, and DevOps
- Solid knowledge on Cloud security and monitoring
- Team Lead and/or Technical Lead experience
- Professional Cloud Certifications such as Azure, or CLOUD+
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- CDC customer experience and knowledge of their organizational structure
- Demonstrated Cloud deployment models and related experience (Private/Public/Hybrid cloud)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.