The Human Performance and Behavioral Health Division within the Military and Veterans Health Services Operation at Leidos has a need for a full time Digital Media Assistant.
The individual selected for this position will perform a variety of support duties for the Naval Health Research Center Headquarters, San Diego, CA.
a. Support the Public Affairs officer and Visual Information Specialist with technology related tasks & set up and provide customer service
b. Uphold Brand Guidelines
c. Initiative in planning out new creative information materials while collaborating with different research departments, ie infographics, tri-folds, fact sheets
d. Support the use of social media based platforms i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, and Twitter, development and integration into NHRC systems.
e. Assist in planning and implementing comprehensive public affairs campaigns to enhance the understanding of the agency's programs among the general public and specialized groups and organizations.
f. Collaborate and support IT in asset creation and UI/ UX design for the Intranet and Internet
g. Maintain current site pdfs, images, and content on the public-facing website
- This position is full time and is located on site at the Naval Health Research Center (NHRC) in San Diego, CA, with work hours to coincide with the standard command business hours of 0700-1630.
- BFA or BA in Design, Communications, or related field.
- At least 2+ years of experience in branding, motion graphics, video editing and videography, digital & print graphic design, visual communication, and photography
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite: Power Point, Word, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, and Premiere
- Proficient in social media & web management and content creation; google analytics, UI design, and HTML a plus
- Proven experience in typography, color theory, print marketing materials, template creation, photo editing, and logo design
- Confident in audio and video equipment set up for videography, use of DSLR cameras, LED lights, and microphones
- Working knowledge of Navy medical R&D activities and the government and military in general.
- Previous or current clearance or history of a completed government background check
- Previous experience using Microsoft SharePoint
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Visual and Graphic Design
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.