Start your career Software Engineer in a collaborative team-focused environment. Work with prototyping, designing, developing and integrating niche tools which will be used in an operational environment. Supoort software development efforts through all aspects of the software engineering life cycle including scope and work estimation, design, documentation, implementation, testing and integration.
Must be dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver and willing to learn on your own. Must have the aptitude and attitude to tackle unsolved technical challenges.
As an Entry Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Creating new tools and applications using a variety of software languages, frameworks and libraries
- Enhancing existing applications to better meet the customer’s mission.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and experience commensurate with the requested level in software engineering; if no degree, equivalent experience in software engineering.
- Track record of learning new techniques and/or programming languages as needed
- Basic understanding of computer forensic issues and techniques
- Demonstrated technical leadership, ability to influence and to work with a diverse team
- Experience creating software applications using one or more of the following:
- C# or C/C++
- Experience creating applications running under the Windows operating system
- Experience with supporting software development tools such as version control systems, unit-testing frameworks and scripting languages
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.