Leidos is seeking a Development Lead / Architect to join the engineering team and support the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) program in Vienna, VA. The DHMSM program is the DoD’s leading program designed to deploy a modern Electronic Health Record (EHR) system across the United States and around the globe. The Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is seeking a candidate to support a number of tasks to define, implement, deploy and sustain new capabilities for the MHS GENESIS DoD EHR system.
- Provide leadership to an existing development team, a mix of two sub-teams, one focused on interface development using the Lyniate Rhapsody platform and the other team doing custom development using a variety of languages (python, java, etc.). This is a technical leadership role but the candidate should have the requisite background to step in for a developer if necessary
- Responsibility for day-to-day tasking and oversight of the team, resource management, estimating and scheduling new work, and solution architecture.
- Provide leadership to design, development, integration and sustainment (break/fix) support for systems and associated interfaces in pre- and post-deployment phases, as well as leadership support to technical activities to stabilize system operation and ensure suitable system performance as required.
- Analyze and study complex system requirements.
- Manage system implementation and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques.
- Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
- Supervise software configuration management.
- BS Degree required and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain ADP2/IT2 Public Trust. Federal Government requirement.
- Prior experience managing mid-size development teams (5-12), and a deep understanding of multiple software development methodologies, including testing.
- Experience with EHR system infrastructure architecture and implementation
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience with Lyniate Rhapsody or a comparable HL7-based interface engine
- Healthcare interface development background
- HL7 v2, v3, FHIR experience
- Experience troubleshooting deployed IT systems, including database
- Familiarity with Cerner OpenLINK
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.