Leidos is seeking a Technical Architect III to join the engineering team and support the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) program in Vienna, VA. The DHMSM program is the DoD’s leading program designed to deploy a modern Electronic Health Record (EHR) system across the United States and around the globe. The Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is seeking a candidate to support a number of tasks to define, implement, deploy and sustain new capabilities for the MHS GENESIS DoD EHR system.
- Provide leadership to design, development, integration and sustainment (break/fix) support for systems and associated interfaces in pre- and post-deployment phases.
- Provide leadership to technical activities to stabilize system operation and ensure suitable system performance may also be required.
- Analyze and study complex system requirements. Manage system implementation and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques.
- Estimate implementation costs and schedule.
- Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
- Supervise software configuration management.
- Review status of system applications and prepare recommendations for systems improvements.
- Develop plans and requirements in the subject matter area for moderately complex to complex systems related to information systems architecture, networking; telecommunications, automation, communications protocols, risk management/electronic analysis, software, lifecycle management, software development methodologies, and modeling and simulation.
- Perform functional allocation to identify required tasks and their interrelationships. Identify resources required for each task.
- Utilize requisite knowledge and expertise so recognized in the professional community that the government is able to qualify the individual as an expert in the field for an actual task order.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with internal and client team members across the program, and as needed, presenting task status or alternative designs, solutions, and or processes to leadership.
- Commensurate experience in IT and in new and related older technology that directly relates to the required area of expertise.
- BS Degree required and 12-15 years’ experience or Master’s with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain ADP2/IT2 Public Trust. Federal Government requirement.
- Supervisory or lead experience in the design, development, integration and sustainment (break/fix) support for systems and associated interfaces in pre- and post-deployment phases.
- Experience with Electronic Health Record (EHR) System.
- Technical knowledge with hands-on experience in public, hybrid and government cloud environments, as well as a deep understanding of multiple software development methodologies.
- Experience estimating implementation costs and schedules, as well as performing functional allocation to identify required tasks and resources for each task.
- Experience with the documentation of data flows and creation of system diagrams
- Understanding of project compliance with corporate/program technical guidelines
- Requirements interpretation and decomposition
- Demonstrated leadership skills with hands on leadership experience across various life-cycle phases (cross-functional experience highly desirable)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms, as well as strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effective communicate and persuade at all management levels in a cross-functional environment
- FHIR and FHIR API experience is a big plus
- Cybersecurity implementations, Identity and Access Management
- Cloud Architecture experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.