A Program Analyst, Senior must have knowledge in how to plan, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of operating programs. Must be able to use source data to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and business processes. Must be able to use qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to assess the effectiveness of the operations. Program Analyst, Senior must be able to effectively manipulate data to present program status and make recommendations on improving business processes.
The responsibilities of the position is to provide system analysis and customer support for all Problems related to Information Technology (IT) Problem Management that negatively impact the VA’s nationwide plans, goals, and mission effectiveness in support our nation’s Veterans. The Senior Program Analyst will manage and coordinate all activities necessary to understand, communicate, make recommendations, track & accept recommendations using best practices to prevent Internal/ External user disruption in daily operations.
A Program Analyst, Senior will:
- Communicate effectively to project managers and stakeholders
- Act as an advisor to senior leadership
- Communicate with senior leadership and stakeholders
- Collect, analyze, and advise on key departmental strategies
- Use their extensive communication skills to present to senior leadership
- Use critical thinking skills to identify and mitigate risk
- Look for efficiency and continuous improvement
- Provide their opinion of data-driven methods
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Discipline.
- Ten (10) years of relevant experience
- Eight (8) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education: (18 years total)
- Must have the ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- - IT System Integration and Automation
- - Process Improvement
- - Project Management
- - Program Management; Prior Background
- - SAFe – Candidate should have knowledge and some practice with following the practices of the SAFe framework for which the organization is moving toward.
- - PowerBI - Competent
- - PowerShell – Competent
- - T/SQL – Competent
- - JSON – Competent
- - Salesforce
- - RACI Matrix
- - Microsoft Tools Suite
- -- Access – Expert
- -- Excel – Proficient
- -- SharePoint – Proficient skillset with supplemental skills with Microsoft Forms and PowerApps
- -- Visual Basic - Competent
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:0
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Process
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.