Leidos offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building our work for publicly and privately owned utilities, financial institutions and local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
We are seeking a Transmission Planning Engineering Manager who will lead dynamic team within our Energy & Systems Solutions, and who will provide transmission planning consulting services as both a lead engineer and as a project manager as client needs dictate. This position will contribute to the expansion of Leidos Engineering and the existing Transmission Planning consulting practice.
It is expected that this role will involve the management of complex transmission planning studies both independently and also serve as a mentor: guiding junior staff who are assigned to perform similar studies. Studies are conducted for Municipal Utilities, Investor Owned Utilities, and Regional Planning organizations such as ISO’s and RTO’s, as well as providing transmission consulting services for Developer and Independent Power Producer Clients.
Transmission Planning Engineering Manager responsibilities:
• Build and maintain client relationships, assist with expanding the current client base and contribute to the growth and expansion of Transmission Planning consulting services.
• Perform supervisor duties for a team of 5-8 engineers
• Provide work directions and assist with QA/QC review of the engineering work of the team.
• Sales and business development activities will be expected.
• The candidate should possess solid understanding of power system analysis concepts, including transmission system planning and familiarity with NERC reliability standards
• Experience with common industry accepted analytical tools such as PSS/E, PSLF, PowerGEM TARA, DSA Tools TSAT, ASPEN, CAPE, EMTP and PSCAD are highly desirable.
• The candidate must be experienced and capable of functioning both as a team member and in a leadership role in transmission studies.
• Contribute to technical writing of project proposals and responses to industry RFIs and RFPs.
• Participate and present in industry forums and conferences as the opportunity arises
• Work closely with business development manager(s) on the assessment of new opportunities and contribute to the business development.
• Bachelor of Science degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Must be experienced in transmission analytics, e.g., load flow studies, stability studies, protection and short circuit studies, etc., and be knowledgeable of various power system theories and limitations.
• Graduate engineer with a B.S.Electrical, engineering required and a minimum of 10 years of directly related experience
• Understanding of transmission policy and regulatory issues is considered a plus, including experience with FERC Open Access Transmission Tariff, NERC reliability standards, Generator Interconnection Procedures (LGIP and SGIP) and associated study practices.
• Professional Engineering license preferred
• Demonstrates excellent oral and written communications skills
• Remarkable problem solver in both team and independent environments
• Willingness to travel to project and/or client sites
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $110,500.00 - $170,000.00 - $229,500.00
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.