The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement to develop, operate, and maintain DHS IE applications and data sets on the Intelligence Community (IC) clouds, the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN), the Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS), the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN, Secret), A-LAN (Sensitive but Unclassified [SBU]) network, and other networks, as needed. The Chief Architect/Engineer will provide direction to the team in the architecture and design of solutions to meet requirements and improve service.
The Chief Architect/Engineer (CA/E) is responsible for maintaining the baseline and target DHS IE Architecture and Roadmap, identifying future directions for DHS IE capability needs, planning transition to IC ITE services, establishing reference architectures, and providing technical direction and oversight across tasks in this task order. The CA/E serves as senior technical authority for the contract.
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of demonstrated experience in directing staff to perform architecture planning, systems engineering, and systems integration of the DHS IE and IT solutions
- Certification from a recognized certification authority in one or more of: enterprise architecture (e. g., Certified Enterprise Architect from the FEAC Institute, The Open Group Architecture Framework certification), Agile methodology (e. g., Agile Certified Professional from PMI, Scrum Alliance); systems engineering (e. g., Systems Engineering Professional from the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE); or equivalents.
- Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Information Systems, Project Management, or related field
- Experience in architecting, engineering, and integrating secure enterprise information technology (IT) solutions.
- Experience providing detailed systems engineering, systems integration, and technical leadership to engineering staff involving multiple, complex, and interrelated project tasks.
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization.
- Master s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Information Systems
- DHS Experience
- PMP Certification
- SAFe Certification
- DevOps Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.