The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement to develop, operate, and maintain DHS IE applications and data sets on the Intelligence Community (IC) clouds, the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN), the Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS), the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN, Secret), A-LAN (Sensitive but Unclassified [SBU]) network, and other networks, as needed.
The Business Operations Manager is responsible to do the following:
- Works with Program manager to provide programmatic oversight of geographically dispersed employees assigned to the program from technical and administrative areas, implementing industry best practices to meet contract requirements.
- Establishes milestones and ensures adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies and manages risks and program problems and develops mitigations/solutions.
- Presents formal and informal project status/plan briefings to the government and corporate managers through oral and written communications.
- Collaborates with the Senior Program Manager to ensure the customers expectation are met and/or exceeded.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science (CS), Information Systems, Project Management, or related field and 12+ years of demonstrated experience in managing, tracking, analyzing, and reporting on financials, schedules, risks, deliverables, personnel, etc.
- Experience preparing, tracking, and reporting on schedules
- Experience managing and reporting on financial activities.
- Experience managing purchases, and a demonstrated understanding of purchasing systems.
- Experience in performing risk management.
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization.
- PMP Certification
- DHS Experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.